Can I open RAW files from the Panasonic GX1 with Photoshop CS2?

<p>You should be able to if you convert the RAW files to DNG using the free RAW-to-DNG converter from Adobe.</p>

<p>In addition, your Panasonic should come with it's own native software which can be used to convert to other file formats (TIFF)</p>

<p>What Rob said. However, the Adobe raw engine has undergone significant improvement since CS2 (since CS5!). You might look into Lightroom 4 which also has the newest engine and cost a lot less than even a Photoshop upgrade from that older version. Otherwise, convert to DNG and you can use older Adobe converters.</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>I have to agree with Andrew,<br>

There is a sea-change in quality and rationality of working between Lightroom 4 and Lightroom 3. The increase in ease of working and quality of outcome is so great that it would not make any sense to me to stay with earlier versions of ACR (for instance, the one bundled with CS2). Do yourself a favor and buy Lightroom 4. You can always output Tiffs from there and continue working on the pictures in CS2.</p>

<p>A couple of points.<br>

If you haven't already done it, update the Camera Raw for CS2 to version 3.7, which is the last version that works with CS2.<br>

When you use the DNG converter be careful to select output compatible with ACR 2.4 or later in the Preferences settings.<br>

Lightroom 4 doesn't run under Windows XP or earlier versions. You need Vista, 7 or 8.</p>

<p>Hope that helps</p>

<p>Just to emphasise the point that the latest Adobe Raw is so much better than the earlier ones that you would be missing out on a lot if you stay with CS2. Buying LR4 is the cheapest way into Adobe Raw and you can easily export the converted image into CS2 if you want.</p>

<p>One last pitch for Lightroom 4. It is genuinely revolutionary. Using Camera Raw 3.7 is like buying a new car but not putting gas in it. It's still a new car, but you're not getting much of the benefit of a new car. I'm sure that's a lousy analogy but if you're buying the GX-1, at about $450US, get Lightroom 4 for $120US from B&H (no, I don't work for them) a $20 discount. It will open your eyes! Your files will thank you.</p>

<p>Once again thanks. I download Adobe RAW to DNG converter and down load a few RAW samples from the GX1 to try. It work OK.<br>

I don't think I will buy LR because I have tried LR 3 for a while and really getting lost about it. What I really don't like about LR was the way it manage files. I know many like this feature I don't. I want simple open file and save. I don't want import into a library, group etc...<br>

Besides I don't want to yet upgrading to Win 7 yet. I want to stay with Win XP for now. <br>

Thanks all.</p>