Gateway Timeout

mendel_leisk

<p>When posting I'm getting this maybe 50% of my (sporadic) postings. Actually getting pretty cagey: when it hangs I quickly copy the text, wait for the time out, revisit the thread to verify it didn't post (it sometimes did), and then repost as required. Any ideas? I'm using the latest IE on Win 7. Thanks.</p>

<p>(just cut and pasted the above, just in case, LOL)</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>Still seeing it?</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yes, at least I was as recently as yesterday morning. Blazing fast (so far) this morning however.</p>

<p>As Mendel says, it's been intermittent. It has been an ongoing issue for quite some time. The message will post to the forum, but you'll get a longgggg delay after you hit "Submit" from the "Confirm message" page and eventually a 504 Timeout on the "Success" page, so it gives the impression the message did not post.</p>

<p>Something else odd: the last time it happened to me, I copied the text, revisited the thread to verify my message hadn't posted, then reposted (without problem). Then later, checked the thread again and there was a double post from me.</p>

<p>At least I think that's what happened. I might have been careless when checking to see if my first post went through, not 100% sure.</p>

<p>In my workspace when I want to see the names that commened on my work,it takes 3-4-5 ! long , very long <strong>time out</strong> till I see it! on the other hand when I would like to see my comments to others there is no problems at all, and it is very fast!?</p>

<p>Yesterday I tried posting to one thread. Got a gateway timeout. Being dilligent I tried refreshing the page to see if something had infact been posted. Finally gave up.</p>

<p>Today I tried posting, same story: gateway timeout.</p>

<p>This ain't an intermittent inconvenience, it's an impediment to the viability of this site. Way to frequent an occurance. I see another posting here on the same subject. And I see a lot of double (or triple) posting, symptomatic of the problem.</p>

<p>Addendum: Of course, this posted just fine. It's weird, very spotty, intermittent problem. Ribbon or SATA cable pinched in the case housing?</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Man, this gateway timeout continues. After posting, get a long pause, then the GTO page. If I return to the thread I was trying to post to my message is not there. If I refresh it is, LOL.</p>

<p>Photo.net seems to use esoteric software. I remember raising the question: why not use the more vanilla software many forums employ. The response was that there was just too much investment in the current system, it couldn't be done. Revisit the question?</p>

<p>(One of spinnoffs of the current software: new postings don't rise to the top. Which means I'm likely just chatting with myself, LOL.)</p>