Canon Thursday Photo 2012: #45

nathangardner

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>first morning in Zion from my recent camping trip...was setting up for sunrise behind the museum when i noticed some nice clouds moving in from the north so i quickly packed up and headed up the road</p>

<p>#1...looking north from the canyon junction bridge<br>

#2...looking south from the canyon junction bridge</p><div>00b0Zh-503165584.jpg.d18ccc8897f1c9a6c0b95988736c5355.jpg</div>

<p>Again, some great photos this week. Nathan, those are great action photos of those birds. Cardinals and Owls are among my favorites. I have three bird photos myself this week. Most mornings, I drive around the perimeter of the wetlands looking for Hawks, and found a cooperative Red-tail this past week. Also, I have been setting up a one man blind and sitting in it for hours near a bird feeder, and have one hear of a Chickadee I happened to catch on a nice perch a couple of days ago. By the way, being almost 65 and having arthritis in my knees and back, I've been looking for a good stool or chair to haul around with me. If anyone else needs one, I think I have found a good one. Its called the Walk Stool, and its a three-legged stool with telescoping aluminum legs. Cost is under $100, supports over 400 pounds, weighs less than two pounds, and is pretty comfortable. Great for sitting and waiting for birds, or just taking a short rest on hike.</p><div>00b0a7-503177584.jpg.66400706ac97368cad63ee50e08c6100.jpg</div>

<p><strong>Coyote Relaxing</strong></p>

<p>Canon 5D MkIII, EF 500mm f/4L IS, EF 1.4X TC, Av mode, ISO 800, +1EV, f/5.6, resulting in 1/60-sec, hand held, Raw conversion with DxO Optics Pro 8.0:</p>

<p><a title="Coyote relaxing by dcstep, on Flickr" href=" Coyote relaxing src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8465/8143620464_7cf525ec93_c.jpg" alt="Coyote relaxing" width="800" height="800" /></a></p>

<p>Rick DuB., yes, small mushooms, normal cat. I was happy to have a nice photo op in the back yard, however, she had other ideas. She's usually content to rub against the tripod at just the wrong moment. Those mushrooms will return.</p>

<p>Louis, we've enjoyed the shots from Arkansas. We used to live there and spent many hours on bluffs in Devil's Den.</p>

<p>Phil, really pretty shot of the grackle.</p>