Any Flash Recommendation for Canon EOS 1Ds Mark 1

HK71

Hi All!

Any flash recommendation for my 1Ds Mark 1 camera? Since I only purchase equipment in extremely good condition, I am also

considering brand new Canon 600EX-RT instead of 550EX -which is fully compatible with my 1Ds-. Is it worth to buy 600EX instead of

550EX or 580EX, 580EXII? Can use most of the functions of these newer models? What is your suggestion? I can upgrade to 5D MarkII

in the future also.

Thanks for your comments, cheers;

Hakan

Harry thanks for your response. What does radio control features for? Are these features related with connecting slave

flash units and control them from 600EX wirelessly for multiple ligthening conditions?

Thanx in advance;

Hakan

Yes that is what the built in radio is forum the 600EX-RT but you'll need other 600EX-RT units for the flash you mount in

the camera's hotshoe to control as it is a closed proprietary radio system.

If you get a 580EX II as a master, 430EX II Speedlites make good remotes.

If you are only interested in a single Speedlite but want to be future prepared get the 600EX-RT Speedlite and to take it

off camera look at the 33ft. camera to flash cable from http://www.ocfgear.com. For many of my lighting setups using

Speedlites these days I'll put the master flash on the end of that cable and use it to control a mix of 580EX, 580EX II, and

430EX II Speedlites instead of Pocketwizard ControlTL radios. The ControlTL system gets used over longer distances. Later this year I will be adding some 600EX-RT Speedlites to my kit.