Nikon Wednesday 2012: #36

Matt Laur

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Thanks to those who have commented here and elsewhere on my fireworks shots; I've really enjoyed them as a photographic subject this summer. Just wanted to post a correction -- those were shot with the 180/2.8D, not the 105/2.8 AF-S VR Micro. I shot more abstract fireworks with the 105/2.8 last weekend, which is why I confused myself... I haven't published those yet, maybe I'll post some of those next Wednesday.</p>

<p>Nathan, I admire your 100 strangers project. I've done something similar, it was a very powerful lesson for me. Bob, I love your faces and look forward to seeing a new one each week. Kent, great concept well executed. Peter, I grew up nearby in Sudbury but have never heard that stretch called the Golden Mile; I just looked it up! Joe, I like the boat from both perspectives; from behind it looks like it just wants to get out to sea but it can't because of its leash. Jennifer, three particularly beautiful shots! </p>

<p>Matt Laur, what's your GMT? :) I would like to synchronize your local clock time to my world watch so that not always be the last one on the thread :))) Thank you.<br>

Later edit: oh, I thought I have set the forum time after my time zone. I see now it's NY time :) Ops.<br>

And another one, D3s with 14-24mm f/2.8@14mm, iso 1600, f/2.8, 1/160.<br /> This is the <a href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UyIxjy_CPIQ/TO-cN9zEYlI/AAAAAAAAEUA/g7xpfWgVXFY/s1600/salinaturda.jpg">place</a>. The temperature is close to 5-10 C and this place is 13 levels underground. It's a saline there. Sometimes is raining with salt...is very hard to shoot there, but is nice :)</p><div>00anHN-495177584.jpg.c33620143fc00aec99c4801ec1a681da.jpg</div>

<p>Very nice, everyone. I think the up-to-three images concept will be worth some continued experimentation. It will be fun to see what the Nikon folks do with it.<br /><br />And, <strong>Mircea</strong>, you guessed it - both the web server/software and I each operate on US east coast time. So, I stay up until midnight each Tuesday, and launch the threads shortly after the clock rolls over to Wednesday. </p>