Sony RX1- Full Frame Mirrorless on the way

<p>Ok, let me preface this with the fact that I am disappointed that Sony isnt releasing a FF NEX camera right now. Having said that...darn if old Sony isnt heating up the Mirrorless world right now.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/">http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/</a></p>

<p>And before anyone gets their panties in a wad that Im posting a link to a <em>rumor</em> site (Oh Noes!), get over it. The web is full of resources and I will use them all.</p>

<p>Fact of the matter is that this is a very interesting camera. I find it a bit odd that they chose to give priority to a fixed lens full frame instead of the more versatile NEX line but then hey, Im just a consumer. Somewhere in the corporate planning committee somebody thought this was a good idea. So what do you think? Like it? Dont like it? Planning on getting it?</p>

<p>Im not in the market for this particular camera right now but I would love to hear how you guys feel about this one.</p>

<p>Interesting replies so far. The inevitable 'rumor BS' responses and a couple that mirror what I feel. Way to much money for a camera that doesnt have an EVF. I mean come on, they could have squeezed one of those in there.</p>

<p>But that lens, on that body, with that sensor. Pretty close to heaven. This should be revealed along with the a99 on Sept 12. But then again, its only a 'rumor'. :)</p>

<p>David, weren't you posting two weeks ago about a full frame NEX, being "SR5 likely" and touting the rumors website as having spot-on predictions? Whatever happened to that? Do you suppose that perhaps they are as incorrect about this camera as they are about your previous announcement based on hearsay?<br>

http://www.photo.net/digital-camera-forum/00ajOu?start=0<br>

They at least have photo leaks, which is a little more confidence-inspiring, but if you think those are the final specs, why don't you come over to my place and I'll sign you over the deed to the Eiffel Tower?</p>

<p>I seriously don't understand all this acrimony over the discussion of a rumor. There are dozens of posts on pnet discussing future gear, wished for features or other hypothetical situations. This is a RUMOR, folks. We all know what that is, right? Some do come to pass and some don't. SO WHAT! It's not being presented as fact, just fodder for equipment chat or wishful thinking. <br>

If you prefer not to engage in this type of discussion, why come into the thread to bash it. Just click past. Or better yet, contribute something yourself that <strong>you</strong> would like to discuss. </p>

<p>It does seem that it would be nice if they could save us $1,000 by taking off the zeiss lens. I have some lenses that would do just fine on it. I actually think it is totally cool and would work for 75% of my shooting, but that is just too much $. I mean, I don't even want to pay $1000 for the Zeiss 24 1.8 for my 5n, but in comparison that would probably make sense before I would shell out for the RX1.</p>

I started in the digital world with an APS-C sensor (Konica Minolta 5D) and bought a Canon 5D (full frame) and now

mostly use an M8 (APS-H) and a NEX-7 (APS-C).

Is Full Frame necessary? No but I'd like it because it would allow my Leica wideangle lenses to be wideangle again. That

alone would be nice. Additionally supposedly there is a noise advantage for a larger sensor all things being otherwise

equal. It just might be worth it to me if it did well with Leica lenses.

<p>Louis, well said sir.</p>

<p>Ariel, I simply dont understand your burning need to prove me 'wrong' on this and quite frankly it is embarrassing. It seem that sending me two condescending and rude private messages through this site wasnt enough for you and now you want to drag it out into the public forum because Im not playing your little game. My advice to you would be to contribute something useful to the forum or shut up and go home. As I said in my response to you, I owe you <em>exactly two things</em> when it comes to why I post what I post and which sites I use to generate discussion, and that is <em>Jack $hit</em>. Take it or leave it baby. And as for your Eiffel Tower deed <em>Ariel,</em> I have a better idea. Why dont you grab you camera (if you actually own one because I cant find any photos you have posted to the site), take the elevator to the top of the tower,walk out to the observation deck, jump off, and take some nice <em>aerial</em> shots on the way down.</p>

<p>Oh well, all this acrimony is pointless. As Harvey pointed out, the cat is almost out of the bag. The a99, NEX 6 and RX1 should be announced. Hopefully Sony has a lot of good stuff in store for their faithful. We will see.</p>

<p>And (Oh Noes!) another linkey to a rumor. Full Frame NEX video camera with e-mount. Pretty much proves a NEX FF is possible. <a href="http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/first-pictures-of-the-fulll-frame-e-mount-vg-900/">http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/first-pictures-of-the-fulll-frame-e-mount-vg-900/</a></p>

<p>I personally dont think it is real. The picture is obviously a mock up made of cardboard, chewing gum and unicorn horns. :)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Love this. I really like the interface and the flexibility they have put into the single lens interms of focus distance. <br>

From the layout and what I've read I believe the interface would be better for me than the other cameras of this size or class. I put big importance on interface and this looks like a solid winner in this regard.<br>

For myself I would have preferred a faster 50mm lens, but they probably made the right choice in general with the 35mm f/2.<br>

Only sources I've seen though say this camera is still a year out from delivery, if that is the case they really should have kept it under wraps as the world will be different in a year's time.</p>