How much would you want to pay for a roll of film?

<p>I used to get all my 35mm film at the 99 cents store and it was fine for me. I bought way too many rolls and threw most of it away when it expired. Now I have to hunt for film. If I can get a roll for under $5, I think I've done well. What is killing me is the processing cost - around $15 for 24exp now with a CD. I use to shoot a lot of rolls - now I've cut back. I think $10 is about the max I'd ever pay for a roll and the processing cost is around the max I will pay right now. How long can you justify these costs when the cost of a digital photo is close to $zero per image.</p>

<p>Hi,<br>

I've rently had to restock on some films and to my horror I have realized that 35mm negative film is priced at around £7 per roll so things are getting expensive! I've recently purchased some slightly out-of-date pro400h fuji film at around £5 per roll for personal stuff. I haven't managed to find cheaper professional film here in the UK.<br>

To answer the original question: £7 for colour and £4 for B&W (applies to 35mm film only). </p>

• 4 weeks later...
<p>I have enough film to last me some years, since I mostly use digital these days. The cost of processing film is what drove me away from it. I find processing B&W film (I can't do it myself) is extremely expensive. With taxes- I'm paying about $47 a roll of 36 to get it developed and with true B&W chemical prints. That is way too high. I can get color done for $20 for 36 exposure C-41. Much better, but still not cheap. And I'm finding I'm now getting better results in some ways using digital then film (cleaner images- no grain). I still use film, but only for slides or true B&W. I don't touch C-41 much anymore, unless I want to shoot with my 645 medium format camera.</p>