My first L lens. Woohoo!

arthur_reyes1

<p>Dear sir,<br>

I read this somewhere "Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep." and I surely wish to rejoice with you Arthur and your probably long-waited Gift of this new tele-zoom-lens, in order to bring you even more joy and more satisfaction in your photography!<br>

I think you will like the IQ with these facts in mind you will also know that you have maybe one of the best ever made tele-zoom available right now to this present time - The EF70–200mm f/2.8L IS II USM newly incorporates <strong>a fluorite lens element and includes five UD (ultra-low dispersion) elements</strong>, one more than its predecessor. <br>

Employing an optical design that makes generous use of special optical materials, the lens effectively minimizes the occurrence of chromatic aberrations, making possible enhanced image quality with high-resolution, high-contrast performance across the entire zoom range.<br /><br />The EF70–200mm f/2.8L IS II USM’s high-performance Image Stabilizer, combined with an optimized AF algorithm, also provides image stabilization equivalent to approximately <strong>four shutter-speed stops,</strong> a one-stop improvement over its predecessor. Additionally, the model’s <strong>minimum focusing distance has been reduced from 1.4 meters to 1.2 meters throughout the entire zoom range</strong>, allowing closer access to subjects.<br /><br />Additionally the Canon lens delivers <strong>enhanced durability</strong> through its high-rigidity body construction and features an improved structure for joining parts to realize a high level of durability to satisfy the rigorous demands of professional users. <br>

Moreover, the mount, focus-mode switch and focusing ring employ a dust-proof and moisture-proof structure for added peace of mind when shooting in inclement conditions.<br>

Wishing you Arthur wonderful moments of great photography with your soon arriving brand new tele-zoom-lens!<br>

<br>

All the Best and God Bless!<br>

<br>

Charl</p>

<p>Before this lens I've been using my 70-300 IS lens. While its served me well especially outdoors and in well lit areas, its limitations were soon realized when I started shoot gymnastics indoors. I rented the 70-200 II a couple of times and immediately saw a difference. Its definitely heavier than the 70-300 and you do feel a difference in weight especially after carrying it around for a few hours. Still going to keep the 70-300 for when I want to travel light. Looking forward to using this new lens a lot more.</p>