longest storage time of kodak tmy

<p>I keep mine in the freezer, and have 10 yr old film without any signs of fog. I keep the higher asa film in a lead lined bag for radiation protection. Make sure its not touching the walls in a freezer that defrosts itself as they heat up durning the defrost cycle. </p>

<p>I have 10 rolls of Kodak TMY (Tmax 400) since 2004 in the freezer used two rolls last week and it looks good to me. I have several other 100ft rolls of the Arista 50 B&W that have been there since 2004 as well even though they don't sell the Arista 50 B&W anymore and it looks and feels the same when I thaw it and roll out bulk loads. Even my Kodak Ektar 100 color is in the freezer and I have 3 boxes of 20 from bh video and it looks good when I shoot it too. The only thing that doesn't look great is some of the 2002 Polaroid 600, but the Polaroid 600 from 2005 exp date still shoots fine when I thaw it out. So B&W and other types of film last pretty good in the freezer over time.</p>

<p>I'm glad to hear all this. I have a 100 ft roll I bought October 2011 which I transferred to my bulk loader. I keep it in a water tight case in the freezer but have not used any of it yet. (Am trying to use up all the other film I have laying around first.) I was starting to worry especially after looking at the storage guidelines in Kodak's publication e30.</p>

<p>Without too many quality loss:</p>

<p>iso 400 films: 5 years<br>

iso 100 films: 10 years<br>

iso 25 films: 20 years</p>

<p>But just very global. And 120 roll film can be a problem of sticky backing paper after 10 years or so.<br>

Bulk (35mm) film is the best way to store a larger quantity over a longer time. Less space, safe storage and compact in the freezer.</p>

<p>I have only had real problems with two b&w films. Ilford Pan F and Pan F+ do not keep well. They are slow to begin with and become even slower but are still usable with extra exposure and longer developing times. The Efke films are not even fast but still show fog if kept too long. The Agfapan 400 (before the APX version) had very good keeping qualities and very good latent image qualities. </p>