Nikon Wednesday 2012: #28

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>: <a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>A good Nikon Wednesday to everyone. The heat wave, here, has broken - and everyone is enjoying their time outside again. Including this fellow, out behind our place. I've called him Buckminster Fuller (you had to be there). He's quite cheeky. Had a familiar face in front of your Nikon gear this week? Post a photo!</p><div>00abIF-481301584.jpg.a31f7dd80c999e1c5598b1ee4d9c01e6.jpg</div>

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>My photo for this week is from a photo shoot at the cinema in Brisbane, where there were still some film projectors left last weekend, but as of now there is film no more. On Sunday evening the film projectors were replaced by digital ones, so my projectionist friend asked me to do one last vintage inspired photo shoot of the whole process of winding the film into the machine and preparing for the screening early that day. How magical it all was, such a shame, that the film is going. I took my 6 year old son with me, as this was more or less a historic event, and I wanted him to see the whole process. I guess he will be one of very few of his generation, who would have come into contact with this medium in motion pictures. The projector on the photo worked for the last time that day, the other one at the cinema has been kept for screening foreign films during film festivals. <br>

Nikon D700, 24-70mm f/2.8@ISO 200, f/8, 1/125s</p><div>00abIL-481305584.jpg.2a14765b47613f1883b1ec2f5aea9dc6.jpg</div>

<p>Good Wednesday, everybody!<br>

Thanks to all who helped me with advice ten days ago when I had a problem with my memory card while away from home. (Problem was resolved.)<br>

I took this picture at the Crescent City (CA) harbor, while watching the fire at the water front.</p><div>00abIW-481309584.jpg.a63ed83d74f2c60dc66635262ba64a30.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks for all the sympathetic words last week concerning the loss of our 15-year-old Shih tzu. We miss him greatly but must carry on...<br>

<br /> This image was captured at a recent youth soccer clinic in the Portland, Oregon area. The young man left no doubt who he would like to play for someday.</p><div>00abIj-481315684.jpg.c09a433bc285454db79fa93b56fb0510.jpg</div>

<p>Last week I got a chance to see rockabilly royalty Johnny Legend play a great show at a local gig. I brought my Sigma 30 and my Cosina-Voigtlander 58. Gotta say, I think the pictures I took with the 58 turned out better... and stuff like this reminds me why I was a bit bummed b the D800 and the D4. I don't need the bazillionty pixels, don't need a giant body, but I would love to see increased dynamic range and reduced noise at high ISO. For now I guess the D200 will suffice.</p>

<p><a href=" johnny legend + the chuckleberries src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8434/7526223572_d16f7e4f99_z.jpg" alt="" /></a><br />D200 • ISO 1000 • Voigtlander 58/1.4 • ƒ/1.8 • 1/60th</p>