What are you shooting with lately?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Leica M7, Contax RX, Hasselblad 203FE and Ebony 4x5. Also, Contax N1 and Contax 645 which can auto-focus but I tend to focus manually.<br>

Love all my film gear – no digital stuff yet. Planning setting up own wet darkroom, looking to experiment with own developer and traditional techniques, exploring whole new areas to satisfy my artistic inclinations that have lain dormant for so long.<br>

As an IT person by profession, I am much more attracted to the alternative film look, ‘back to basics’ chemical workflow and the availability of many other traditional wet-processing options / variations.<br>

Opening up a whole new artistic world.</p>

<p>I'm currently shooting a Canon F-1 (original) with the 50/1.4, a combo I absolutely love. I also found a Fujica 35-SE with the 1.9 lens <em>and</em> 1/1000 shutter. To top it all off, <em>the meter works!</em> <strong>Rick D</strong>, you'd be proud since you inspired me to find that particular camera. Lastly, my trusty FE has been getting some stage time as well.</p>

<p>That's once classy Hassy! Super Aquisition! MM .. I hear you You want something like that 85mm so bad.. and then well there are limits....<br>

I'm soory to report I haven'T shot any film in months it was March or April .. since then can't find or make the time!! Developer is aging quickly!! </p>

<p>Ralf, don't want to come across as argumentative, but I don't think a Hassy with 80mm Planar and a waist level is really that heavy. I use one regularly myself and I'd say it's likely to be lighter than a full frame DSLR with a decent quality zoom attached, one of the most common scenarios these days for modern photographers. Of course if I put my prism and early 40mm Distagon onto it, these comments no longer apply, but in "standard" form I think they're actually quite wieldy. I suppose your grip adds a bit (and they're great for mounting a flash) but without it, if you don't always need it fitted, they're lighter than some DSLRs.<br /> <br />As well as the aforementioned Hasselblad (500C/M) I've been using (as always) a Contaflex, mostly my Super BC, but also an early Super and my nearly-the-last one made "S"; my 2.8C Rolleiflex; the new-to-me Praktica FX and prism I acquired a few weeks ago, and have been enjoying re-acquainting myself with my 1930s Bessa 6x9 (and getting some decent results from it, by the look of a few scans I did <em>very</em> late last night). My Bessamatic has been out once or twice too, to finish off a very slow moving roll of Kentmere 100 I'm trying in it. I'll be taking the new Zenit 3M & 58mm Helios with me today. It's got some Pan F Plus loaded. One trait of images on the web captured with it seems to be a lack of sharpness. No idea whether this is simply poor technique, difficulty focussing accurately with the ground glass or endemic quality faults with the model, so I will be taking a tripod and cable to try to establish what they can really do...</p>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...