<ul>

<li>AF in LV and video</li>

<li>Touchscreen</li>

<li>Master built-in flash</li>

<li>Digic 5 processor</li>

<li>All AF points are cross-type </li>

<li>Built-in stereo microphone</li>

</ul>

<p>Bearing in mind it's a Rebel and not XXD or XD I think they did a fine job.</p>

<p>On a personal note I'd add that as I really liked my previous 40D and I really like my current 7D I think that the 7D2 will keep me rooted in the APS-C zone. The great EF-S lenses I own (10-22, 17-55 and 60) will still be great I suppose... :-)</p>

<p>Happy shooting,<br>

Yakim. </p>

<p>I'm firmly in Rebel-land; I've got a 500D (T1i) and a selection of lenses, both EF-S and EF. I had no problem ignoring the 550D and pretty much the 600D, but the incremental changes between my 500D and this new camera are beginning to add up. There's that little bit of extra resolution; better (possibly significantly better) high ISO performance (I'm not happy above 800ISO on the 500D, maybe not above 400 ISO); better AF; the on-board flash can control a remote 430; DIGIC 5; swivelling LCD screen, now with touchscreen. Plus there's the big advantage that in many ways, the controls on this camera are all in pretty much the same place as on the 500D. And I like the size & weight aspects, too.</p>

<p>So what else would I want that's not on this? Well, VF size & coverage would be the main one, I think, and that does push me towards XXD territory. So I'll wait until the '70D' is announced, and then I'll make a price/performance decision between sticking with the 500D for another generation, this 650D, or the '70D'.</p>

<p>It's the pricetag on the 5D series cameras that keeps me planted in APS-C.</p>

<p>I am noodling an eventual 7D-II, if the price is not outrageous. I can no longer afford any new lenses, or flashes, except the new 40/2.8. . . so that my stretch my camera body budget a tad. The future is definately video with these cameras.</p>

<p>60D offers a better viewfinder, buffer, QCD, 3 RAW sizes, and 1/8000 on the top end. And, of course, the 60D replacement will offer the T4i feature set plus something(s) else. They could have easily bumped the buffer to 8 or even 10 frames in the 650D. It seems silly to offer 5fps when you can only shoot 6 frames (again, in RAW, because I couldn't care less about JPG.).</p>

<p>Anyway, it's not a show-stopper, just typical Canon thinking. Like them removing the anti-dust system from the T3. Because apparently what an "upgrade-from-point-and-shoot" photographer needs is the frustration of sensor dust. ;)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I am a little confused about the autofocus during video. Interesting that this camera has it but no mention on the 5D3. How does this work with the new 40mm pancake? Does it only work with certain lenses?</p>

<p>The pancake is what I am most excited about. I have been wanting something like this for some time so I actually pre ordered one.<br>

With the new rebel, it looks very nice, I am happy with my 60D as its sorta rebel like in size with the 2 dials for control but I am guessing the upgrade to this will offer video autofocus which would be awesome since I use this camera a lot for video.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I am a little confused about the autofocus during video.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Try AI servo in stills where you half press the shutter button (and not taking a picture) and follow a subject. See how the AF is constantly updating itself and always stays in focus on the subject? That's the same thing but without the need to half press the shutter button. </p>

<p>It's very helpful actually, at least for a beginner. I remember enjoying that in my A33 and have since been "begging" Canon to allow AF in video. Naturally, I'm very glad that they finally did. </p>

<p>Now I'm looking for the next step. Lenses with both STM and ring USM motors (and a switch to select between them. As <a href="http://itlounge.eu/hands-on-review-canon-ef-40mm-f2-8-stm/">according to Canon</a> ring USM is still superior for stills that seems a likely move. I can't see them giving up on ring USM in their L lenses.</p>

<p>Happy shooting,<br /> Yakim.</p>