Pricing for a developer

<p>Hello,<br>

I have a pricing question.<br>

Recently, I was approached by a developer who is in the building phase of an outlet outside of the city. They want me to take pictures every two weeks. I have to drive there and take pictures – they need them for potential clients that they can see that the building is going on and it would be a safe investment.<br>

The person I’m in contact with is pretty useless, over a month we were unable to meet in person to discuss the deal, but as I was driving by I took a few test shots with a polarizer and nice sunny conditions, retouched pictures and send them over with a watermark all over, so they cant use images.<br>

I had a phone call and I know that they are interested, now the question is to agree on price.<br>

From their history they do business in millions of Euros, huge projects, so they must have cash.<br>

Driving by car there and back is 60km total, work there, retouching, it all might sound simple, but it can occur that showing up at the site, it might take a while for the sun to come out…<br>

What would anyone of you guys charge for a job like this? Im not sure how times they want me to do so, but it can last till September I believe.<br>

I have to deliver at around 20 pictures every two weeks?<br>

Thanks and regards,<br>

Martin</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"<em>The person I’m in contact with is pretty useless, over a month we were unable to meet in person to discuss the deal"</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Martin, whatever price you decide on, I would suggest an arrangement of payment-on-delivery every two weeks. Large construction projects can be unpredictable and often fall behind schedule so they can just as easily change your arrangement from every two weeks to "we'll call you for the next trip" due to construction delays. </p>

<p>It would be prudent to protect yourself should the project fail and you will have no recourse if you're owed money. </p>