25 sec. to load a forum category page & New Responses.

<p>Agree Tim. Lately I've been getting a lot of "Waiting for Photo.net...." messages on the status bar. I am using hi-speed cable (54 MBps), wireless router, and Firefox 11.0. Sometimes it takes up to a minute to load a forum category page, but as you say, sometimes it's very quick. I'm wondering what causes this also.</p>

<p>My apologies to everyone. But thank you for posting. Unlike most every other of my life, I wasn't on the site most of this morning, as I was out shooting.</p>

<p>As you can see, Jin and the rest of the backend guys are on it and hope to have things fixed soon. There will be some downtime today however. No estimate on how long.</p>

<p>I just checked with Firefox 11.x and Chrome - similar results with both. The slowdown does seem to be limited to specific places. So far only the forum home page and new responses - as Tim described - seem to be affected. Each is taking 20-30 seconds to load - I'm on relatively slowish DSL, 6 MBps, but this doesn't appear to be a factor. I'm not seeing any significant problems via the unified forum view.</p>

<p>I've restarted a few things, please let me know if it seems to have helped matters. It seems to have improved things for me.<br>

And thank you all for taking the time to report these things. I'm not on the site all the time on weekends, and I wouldn't have known about it except for you guys.</p>