the first thing to do is admit the addiction ...

harveysteeves

<p>Antonio, that fisheye was up for sale last year for only $34,000 US. Now it $160,000 which proves my statement from before about now being the time to sell :) Those snakes at that shop are probably trying to hook a rich Arab or Asian buyer; both of those markets have been exploding. It's all business I guess, but for that price, you might as well call Nikon and see if they'll just build you one.</p>

<p>Is that a 1000mm f11 and 600mm f4 AIS I see? Maybe it's "only" a 500/4 P. You can certainly challege Mark Whalster of the Canon FD forum for equipment hording.</p>

<p>You know, most of us sell lenses as we buy new ones! As much as I regret having sold one or two, or three, or....</p>

<p>favourite is the black F36 and 55/1.2; it is a 1000 mirror and a 600/f4 ais; the old 500p got thinned last week and is in its way to India; not remembering what I already have is one of the reasons this pile is what it is. It unfortunately has spread its way into a lot of other segments of my life. Its the concussions from chasing cows and them chasing me.</p>

<p>@harvey Steeves:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Kent: not married, never been. Had a dog, and after looking around, figure I'll be better off just getting another one.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Maybe, but unlikely: http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/books/2012/04/16/120416crbo_books_heller?printable=true&currentPage=all<br>

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/05/is-facebook-making-us-lonely/8930/</p>