Where to buy Unused Minox 35 gt-e II

jani_heikkinen

<p>I have and use the Minox GL with boxes, books and strobe. Was offered for $50 on CList-Boston. I offered $30 and it did not sell, I bought it for $30. The strobe is finicky so I use tiny Rollei strobe instead. I had a Minox EL which proved to be finicky and frankly unreliable. Should you want to use button batteries, you must sleeve the box to prevent hot batteries and short circuits. I use a strip of thin plastic rolled up like a short cigarette, not glued in place, it doesn't move at all because of spring action of trying to unroll. Fantastic lens but alas no rangefinder. I however recommend the GL model.<br>

by the way my grandparents came from Finland, eastern, middle, western and southwestern provinces.</p>

<p>Don Goldberg of DAG Camera sometimes has reconditioned Minox 35s for sale. I bought a 35EL from him a while ago, which came with a battery pack and 6 month warrantee, for about the same or less than they go for on line.<br>

That said, I found myself disappointed with the camera compared to the Olympus XA and Contax T and Rollei 35 I've also used. The viewfinder seemed much poorer than the other other three, and and the controls more fiddly to use. The XA isn't as sharp a lens, but is a much nicer camera to use. (You can focus and set the aperture with the camera at your eye). The Contax T is still my favorate overall.<br>

-Anthony</p>

<p>here's a brand new one:</p>

<p>www.ffordes.com/product/10072316352575</p>

<p>not sure I totally agree about the unreliability of all earlier Minoxes. I have had a 35GT for 25 years that still works as well as the day I bought it. I think it's luck of the draw really. Great cameras of course!</p>

• 2 weeks later...