One camera and lens

igord

<p>What I have now... and it's already all I have, if you don't count the old Nikkormat and pre-Ai lenses which I may actually sell because I never use them now.</p>

<p>I take a lot of pictures with that one camera. It's nothing very impressive, so I won't say what it is.</p>

<p>A Kodak Medalist I with the dread Supermatic shutter. Why? The aggravation of re-spooling 120 onto 620 spools for a camera which plainly is big enough to just use the 120s, the sense of frustration with the bad shutter and all the mechanical linkages designed to make you miss all possible shots, the Ektar lens which everyone tells me is superb but I wouldn't know since I've never seen one with intact coatings, the unnecessary weight and poor balance.... would motivate me to re-acquire all the gear I'd lost in whatever catastrophe started off the 'single camera' thread.</p>

<p>Failing that, M2 & Summicron 50</p>

<p>Already have my 'one camera, one lens'. An Olympus Pen, original one lug model.<br>

Features;<br>

Format: 18X24mm on 35mm film<br>

Shutter: Copal 2 blade, speeds 1/200-1/100-1/50-1/25-B, X-sync, manual selection<br>

Lens: fixed 28mm f3.5 D Zuiko, 4 elements in 3 groups, stops to f22, unit focus to 21 inchs<br>

Viewfinder: Projected bright frame, .5X magnification, parallax correction marks for 3~4 feet<br>

Film loading/handling: Removable back, thumb wheel advance, manual set, subtractive film counter<br>

Meter: none (use handheld meter if desired)<br>

Also: Cold accessory shoe, standard PC sync socket<br>

Sure, I have lots of other film cameras but this is my favorite 'always have with me' camera, even if I have to wait a month to finish a 36 exposure cartridge, about 76 shots if I load carefully.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I have a Crown Graphic with a 165mm Rodenstock, a Nikon L22 (entry-level point-and-shoot digital), an F2, and an F. For months I've been shooting the F with an equally ancient Nikkor 50mm f2 lens, and TMZ. It feels like a descent into barbarism, but still feels right because I'm once again thinking about little more than exposure and composition.<br>

Our interest in equipment says to me that we feel our photography substantially through the equipment we use. That's not wrong. The perennial insistence that it's the outcome that matters may not be entirely correct.</p>