"Waiting for photo.net..."

Not Here

<p>The subject seems to be my newest and most favorite pastime, since I do it so often. It's not uncommon for the subject message to display for several "time-outs" before I can access the following links.... "My Workshop" "http://www.photo.net/pvt/commented-on-photos" and "http://www.photo.net/photodb/follow-up".<br>

Is this something unique to my usage or are others having this problem? Thanks!... Mike </p>

<p>I have the same problem about one month. Access to "My Workspace" for example take a loooong time and usually ending with "Time-out". And this is not the only problem. 1) The site became slower that it was a month ago. 2) About a month I cannot rate images at my home PC, it shows me some server errors at photo.net. But am successful to rate at my office PC. 3) I cannot re-order my folders, it just doesn´t react. At any computer. 4) Sometime periodically I cannot re-order photos in a folder. All these problems met since the end of February. Important to note that today I am using the same computer and the same programmes as a month ago.<br>

I am sure that all these anomalies are temporary and I am patient:-). No problem, just a bit unhappy;-).</p>

<p>Same here. Long waits just clicking on a forum category and sometimes even longer waits clicking "New Responses" to update the forum topic listing sections for each category.</p>

<p>What sometimes works for me is to go to another photo site (mine Luminous Landscape) and then click back to PN's "Digital Darkroom" which is my bookmarked access link to photo.net and it's much faster. "New Responses" is much faster as well.</p>

<p>This behavior reminds me how it used to be almost three years ago. Eventually it goes away.</p>

<p>Posting and re-editing this post is really fast all of a sudden, but then I never have speed issues posting in any forum thread anyway, but comparatively it makes what I mentioned above seem like a snails pace.</p>

<p>We've been hit with a surprisingly high number of bots and crawlers recently. I have noticed site slowness as well. Jin fights them off as best he can, but it can be frustrating for all.</p>

<p>I will check with Jin to make sure there isn't some other underlying condition that we aren't noticing.</p>

<p>Thank you for your replies. While I don't think there's an easy fix, it's masochistically satisfying that others share the pain. I offer that with a touch of gallows humor and not any dissatisfaction with the site or the mods.<br /> <br /> Josh, I read in another similar thread that it seems to affect members with more data and activity which could point to a server capacity issue. In fact, you lamented the need for a server upgrade. While no one likes to see rates go up, I recognize that membership rates have not changed for the 5 years I've been a member. I don't think it would be unreasonable to have a nominal rate increase to help with some new equipment.<br>

<br /> Again, thanks for the replies and support from Josh and crew.... Mike</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>My "waiting for photo.net" differs slightly from most of what has been posted above. I patiently have to wait for all the ads and flickr (et al) links to load up, each time I change screens. The wait can last up to 10 seconds per screen change.........?<br>

I recall that this was raised on a different thread some time back, but I cannot find the thread now, so don't know what the outcome was?<br>

Regards</p>