More issues with Canon 7D

hjoseph7

<p>Just got my 7D back from the shop. I sent it in after experiencing Error code 30 and Error code 40. While the camera was in the shop, I called customer service asking for an update. I wanted to know what was actually wrong with the camera. Customer service said that they could only tell me after the camera was repaired and shipped out. I find that kind of weird because when I take my car in for service, the mechanic tells me right away what is wrong with the car and what part(s) are failing ?<br>

I'm not getting the error 40/30 anymore thank goodness, but now I notice that the shutter does not have that silky sound it use to have. It now sounds like the slappity-slap of my Canon 30D. Apparently 2 parts were broken inside the camera according to the repair report, but I never so much as bumbed into the camera except with my nose, so how could those 2 parts be broken ?<br>

I was about to let that go since it wasn't that much of a big deal, until I noticed that the playback LCD does not show a full picture anymore. There is a bar on top of the image that displays the shutter speed , aperture and the shutter count. For example [1/125 f8 100-3800 cf] below that is the actual image ? This bar also displays when I press the "info" button, but that's ok there, that is what it's supposed to do.</p>

<p>Can someone please tell me if I'm doing something wrong before I send this thing back to Canon for the 3rd time now ! </p>

I honestly dont know i , am aware there are different ways to see the exif and shooting modes ,but dont recall that

particular one , i would do a factory reset and then do a firmware upgrade, as Canon may have replaced something that

controls the processor and changed things around a bit that left your camera in an unfamiliar mode, at. 1600 dollars i

would try the obvious then force a replacement if you cant get it right to suit you,

<p>Well I know <em>I </em>complain about often very subjective things (like the crappy resolution on most LCDs, trackpads, the driving characteristics of most cars, poor product engineering, the list goes on) ;-)...</p>

<p>As far as the shutter goes, a comparison is likely in order. go to a local shop, or borrow a friends unit, and compare the two sounds. Obviously the 'better' sounding shutter was the failed unit, so perhaps that 'silky' sound is a symptom of impending failure? Lately <em>none</em> of Canon's unit's have been know for a "great" shutter sound, so I wouldn't exactly worry about it... </p>

<p>As far as the playback info button, I think Lupo's got it, that works for me on <em>all</em> my units... (not including a 7d though)</p>