How many films do you shoot per year.

<p>I just count my 2011 outcome. I shoot 58 rolls of film gross totally. Of course every shot I made is a masterpiece worth to be presented at any MMA exhibit. Actually, that roughly corresponds to number of classic cameras in my collection. But I am the most positive that 1/2 of films I shoot made by Nikon F4 and N80, since I took those cameras in my trips. That made me said and unhappy: half of my cameras are just sitting around and collection dust on shelves, I wish I can give them more attention and have at least one roll of film per year. Just wondering how fellow CMC camera connoisseurs dealing with that problem to many cameras, to little time to shoot.</p>

<p>I suppose I have the same problem. I do a lot more shooting in the spring and summer than in the fall and winter. It was sunny and over 60F here in NJ yesterday but I was too busy to shoot anything and even though the oddly warm weather was welcome there leaf bearing trees are still bare and most of the grass is brown or nearly so. For now the cameras I use most are: Minolta X-700, Minolta SRT-201, Canon FTbN, Canon F-1, Nikon F2. That doesn't sound too bad but I have six X-700s, three SRT-201s, four FTbNs, a number of Canon F-1s and three Nikon F2s. I finally had my Konica FT-1 from 1984 serviced. It has a Nikon E screen and I used it a lot from 1984 to 2004. When spring arrives I want to use it more too. The winter seems to be a time of more collecting and servicing than shooting. I like getting in some snow photos but apart from the strange October snowstorm there just hasn't been much snow this winter. I have very few AF lenses but enjoy using the Nikon N2020, N90S and F90X cameras with manual focus lenses. I'm sure I shoot more than 58 rolls a year. I also shoot with Bronica SLRs, fixed lens RF cameras, and some APS SLRs. </p>

<p>Strangely, I've shot more in the previous years. So far this year, I've shot half a roll with my Yashica A, and I got one roll back from a 1962 Zenit 3 although it has shown a light leak issue. That is strange as I wrapped a strip of electrical tape around the base (it's a bottom loader). A bunch of my cameras are screaming at me that I've abandoned them in favour of a digicam (jealous brats). This past year, I've gotten so busy with other things that I really haven't shot much of anything. The cameras don't want to hear any more of my cheap excuses.</p>

<p>In 2011 I probably shot 50-60 rolls that I actually developed and a lot more that are still only partially exposed. As Winter rolls along, my number has dropped but should start to climb once Spring arrives. My problem is that I get excited about a "new" camera and put film in it to shoot, and then another "new" camera arrives and the same thing happens, leaving the previous "new" camera sitting with film still in it. I have also devoted quite a bit more time to using my DSLR; since I paid a ridiculous amount of money for it, I should probably get as much use out of it as I can. It always has a CMC accompanying it though, lately my F-1N or FE. My goal for 2012 is to focus a lot less on gear and devote more time to actual photography. Okay, the first part of that goal is a bit unrealistic, but I will devote more time to actual photography with the gear I have...and may acquire at any given time the opportunity arises.</p>