Kodak's exit from digital camera business

randrew1

<h1>No surprise. They farmed out the manufacturing several years ago. This is probably of more interest to camera collectors than serious photographers.</h1>

<h1></h1>

<h1><a href="http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120209/BUSINESS/302090020/kodak-stops-cameras?odyssey=nav|head">Kodak's exit from digital camera business affects 400 jobs, including 120 locally</a></h1>

<p> I also feel sorry about those that will lose their jobs. When they went chapter 11 I figured plenty of folks would be moving into hard times. I do shoot Kodak film and I do so partly to support american manufacturing. I also buy Domke camera bags and Tiffen filters which are made in America.<br>

Anytime I purchase something I always try to find out if their is an American made product out there that will work. I bicycle a lot and fortunately Park bicycle tools are made in America and I buy those. The bad news is their are no American made bicycles anymore. I have a Surly bicycle which when I was looking at the website they had a made in America advertisement. I bought one about 4 years ago but when I got it home on the bottom is said made in Taiwan. Kind of weird. Turns out I bought it right as it was being sold to a new owner. It went from American to something else. Anyway I tried. I do like the bike however.</p>

<p>I can't understand Kodak can not made a intercharge lens camera to rebrith DKL MOUNT or using 4/3 's body or lens even who is a member of 4/3.<br>

In Asia ,people manly using Japanese camera since has selling point like Art function . Kodak DC just entery level DC which give me image may be better BENQ .<br>

In develop HK is example more and more shop using Fuji rather that Kodak.It may be marketing problem.</p>