Hasselblad Lenses on canon EOS

travels

<p>Zaki, You'll hear all kinds of garbage about how its not advantageous because MF lenses aren't that spectacular on a DSLR, but when I had a chance to fire off a few shots on my friend's Nikon, I was very impressed. The problem is it's heavier than hell and awkward compared to Canon or Nikon lenses. But it definitely had that Zeiss pop.</p>

As Michael said, the lenses indeed still are as good as they are on MF.<br>But the weight and bulk is indeed a problem. Canon lenses of similar focal length are just as good, but much more manageable, and retain all the automatic features the camera has to offer.<br>So unless you do not have Canon lenses, there is no good reason to put MF lenses on te EOS.

<p>Zaki - I use a few MF lenses on my Canon and there is a different look about them. You could argue for the price of the adapter you get to make use of the Hasselblad lenses and get a different look/focal length for each which you mght not already have, but whether its worth the price of the adapter, thats for you to decide.<br>

I might get one myself :)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>it only uses the center of the lens - the most perfect part</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Nope! This is a common misconception. It uses the <strong>entire lens</strong>. It only uses the <strong>center of the image circle</strong>.</p>

<p>I explained this in detail here: http://www.photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00ZPEe - scroll down halfway to my first post.</p>

<p>I use Mamiya M645 lenses on a Mirex tilt shift adaptor on my 5DII ( and sometimes 7D) and they work well. You really need to shoot in live view to get the best from these lenses but the IQ is very good (Hassy will be better). If you do not have a body with live view you may not want to bother. If you want to shoot handheld then it is quite difficult (essentially focus zoomed in with live view, set exposure, compose with VF and shoot). Tripod shooting is great with these MF lenses. You may want to consider a mirex adaptor as it will allow you tilt and shift movement for not much more than the Novoflex and is a very high quality German product.</p>

<p>http://mirex-adapter.de/tilt_shift_adapter.htm</p>

<blockquote>

<p>But Ray I think this is what he means?<br />The central of the image circle......</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Russ, I think if that's what he meant, then that's what he'd have said. As he referred to "an over-sized lens" as well in the same statement, surely he was indeed talking about the glass, not the image formed by the glass.</p>

<p>Besides, I've seen it said the wrong way by many folks, and they can't all be meaning to say something else...</p>

<p>Was visiting Kevin Parratt when he was using a Nikon F100 mounted via adaptor on a Hasselblad non-auto bellows set up. It was great for close-up, all the way to macro. He was using the 120 S-Planar, and for some images, the Rodagon F4 80mm enlarger lens, on it's own M39 to Hasselblad adaptor. Some of the work was on EFKE KB25, and the rest on colour neg. The results were stunning. He used the F100's aperture priority mode, making it a breeze. We took the 100mm Planar and the 250mm Sonar for direct mounting on the F100, and went for a walk. It was cumbersome, but worked fine. A couple of 250mm exposures made without lens shade were a waste of film.<br>

The Nikon to Hasselblad adaptor was made in the East. It was ok. Novoflex are second to none.</p>