Does it happen to you & what would you do?

victor_ng2

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I think it’s kind of funny for posting this kind of question here but it happens to me, so I’d like to ask for your opinion.<br>

I have this problem. When taking picture, I close my left eye & use my right eye to look through the viewfinder. However, if I have to look & focus on a subject for a long time, when finished, I feel a bit dizzy & my left eye can’t see clearly. I feel a bit light head, floating. I have to close my eyes to rest them a bit, then I’m ok. It becomes worse, for example, let say if I try to take a macro picture of a flower. As you know, if I have to take some times to manually focus to a part of the flower, after a while of trying to focus, god, I can’t see clearly anymore (both eyes). And if I continue on, after a moment, I feel fatigue & sleepy, and I have to take some sleep; otherwise, I’m going to feel down for the rest of the day.<br>

Does it happen to you? If so, what would you do? What do you think I should do? Thanks.</p>

<p>Also when you close one eye, you apply much more force to it that when closing both eyes. So you end up distorting the eye so it can't see clearly when you open it and release the pressure. That's why when you go for an eye test, you keep both eyes open and block the view of one eye with a card or your hand.</p>

<p>I have some vertigo which seems to sometimes be set off by visual inputs and now and then I'll get some queezy feelings after tracking something with a vr lens. Usually I come around quickly but sometimes more rest is needed. Seems to come on if I try to drive too quickly after the shooting. </p>

<p>Sometimes I'll have some trouble adjusting focus after too much time on the computer then going to drive, etc. That I'd attribute to age more than the motion sickness. And as Bob points out forcing one eye closed for too long can cause short term focus problems. </p>

<p>Could also be some positional things, either balance/motion or blood pressure if bent over too long with head low then trying to work standing upright again?</p>

<p>I've been exploring the vertigo with several doctors and we haven't come to any definitive source (it's not just with camera use, usually isn't camera use related). I've eliminated artificially sweetened sodas and caffeine from my diet and pulled back on sodium. Might be age related, muscle tone, flex, etc. slows, maybe getting to needing glasses or a prescription change?</p>

<p>My optometrist says that a brief (10 seconds or so) fuzziness in the eye that you closed while shooting is due to the eye muscles partly relaxing while the eye was closed. It's not due to pressure on the eye from the eyelid. It's nothing to worry about as long as it clears up by itself.</p>