Tmax Latitude

<p>James, thanks for the link. I never bothered to find out what the zone system was for - and now in a matter of minutes I understood the basics. :-)</p>

<p>I still come away thinking that pushing does not always blow out the highlights - it just depends how strong they are. I guess it depends on the scene... Does under-development cause more grain in the shadows? This b&w processing stuff is really quite interesting.</p>

<p>Now I appreciate that exposure and development can complement each other. I guess I've always known that but not in a systematic way.</p>

<p>Under very low light situations, when using TMax 400, I adjust the shutter speed to two stops slower than I want or will be shooting, i.e. 1/15 for 1/60, 1/8 for 1/30 (with a rangefinder). If I get a positive or "slightly positive" reading I am confident, and have been successful. That is with normal processing at a professional lab. </p>

Mauro,

I have to apologize to you. This is a valuable thread that you started which took much work on your part. I was a bit slow on the uptake and it took me a while to realize one person was using several names or sock puppets to disrupt the thread. I had upper admin look at it and when another account was opened today by the same person under another different name to add another argumentative and sarcastic post, that was enough. The user accounts have been deleted from the community and this thread has been cleaned up.

Again, I apologize. I should have caught it a lot sooner.

James G. Dainis