Flashpoint II 320....anyone have example photos?

megan_rose

<p>Well they are rated at 5600K, and they might get a little cooler as the power is dropped, but that's not unexpected. Samples images may not help, as you can always tweak the white balance in post.</p>

<p>After all the are only about $100 each, about 1/8th of the price of an Elinchrome.</p>

<p>I have 2 of them and I find that they have plenty of power for use in the small space that I use them. I also have the 24x36 softbox and when checked with a flash meter against the softbox in all 4 corners and the center the output was within 1/3 of a stop. My only reservation with buying the kit is that the stands could be of heaver duty and the first 1 I brought was shipped UPS and the stand was damaged in shipping. Adarorma replaced it with no questions after I emailed them photographs of the damage. And as I live in Canada the return shipping cost would have been more than the cost of the stand I got to keep the broken 1 as well. My personal oppion if you can afford it go with the 620M.</p>

<p>Ian R</p>

<p>For the money it's a pretty good kit. It comes with allot of the features that are missing in more pouplar starter kits, plus they are made from metal not plastic. The only down side in my opinion, is that they look like bricks. I opted for the alienbees which are smaller and more portable... </p>

<p>I have two that I use for hair lights for a few years now with no problem.<br>

I also use a few mettle brand lights that are the same except they have a Bowen's mount and have a better<br>

choice of modifiers. If you want sample pictures you can check my fb page <a href="https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=629650175">https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=629650175</a> . The light temperature will depend on the modifier you use .</p>

<p> Maurice</p>

<p>Unedited as in camera raw, or ? The white balance on the camera effects it as well, so unless you are comparing several models of flashes at full power and the same fixed white balance, you won't know if it is warmer or cooler than any other unit. Plus you would also need side by side with and without a softbox to see the difference.<br>

Plus without a calibrated monitor and web browser . . . . . . . . . .</p>

<p>As daylight is considered to be continuous spectrum light with a colour temp anywhere between 5,000K and 7,000K which is quite a range. If your monitor isn't calibrated, 5,600K could look warm or cool.</p>

<p>I probably wouldn't judge a strobe by someone else's photo, as anything can be made to work. The real question would be how well made they are, how consistent the output is at various levels, how bright a modeling lamp can be used, things like that.</p>