Do you click on DPReview hoping for Pentax news?

tim_drake

<p>It seems I find myself clicking on DPReview almost daily hoping for something good and new out of Pentax and was wondering if I am the only Photo.net fan that does? With all my Pentax glass I would love to see a full frame camera about the size of a Pentax K-x. Also just wondering what other Photo.net forums do Pentax fans check out here? I hit Classic Manual Cameras, Modern Film Cameras, Medium Format, and Large Format. Cheers</p>

<p>I read dpreview once every morning because I'm interested in cameras in general and used to work on digital camera image processing chips. I have cameras from Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, as well as old film Hasselblad, Rollei, and Yashica models. I read photo.net in the "unified view" so I can see everything.</p>

<p>If I'm searching for a specific news item, I simply use Google News search and it returns a lot. For non-forum matters, DPR has improved in providing useful information. The forums--OY--the signal-to-noise ratio is too challenging for my brain; it's akin to finding a decent meal at the mall food court.</p>

<p>I like the Photo.net home page a lot. I also peruse the Digital Darkroom, Casual Photo Conversations, Canon EOS, and Classic Manual Cameras as well as the current fine art critique submissions.<br>

ME</p>

<p>"Do you click on DPReview hoping for Pentax news?"</p>

<p>Absolutely. Given Pentax has been building their DSLR line around Sony imaging chips, the release of the new 16 MP and 24 MP APS-C sensors from Sony just begs for a Pentax response. Given the oldest body in the Pentax lineup is the K-5, that is what I would expect to receive the upgrade.</p>

<p>This made me laugh! I think I've probably done that in the past if I was waiting for something, but not really anymore. What I do have is a site that I follow in my twitter feed, so if anything interesting happens related to my brand it's there without me really having to go and seek it out.</p>

<p>Hi Tim, new full-frame models are supposed to be due early next year (suggestions around Feb). Suggestions of atleast 2, with two different sensors. I guess the obvious one is an a77 body with a fullframe sensor in (a700-a900 type design), which would be a shame as there are lots of things about the a77 that annoy me, so I certainly hope they don't follow that route and do a straight copy (more or less).</p>

<p>RE: A77 & ISO. I'm really not sure on that one, the only stuff I've seen are from people who haven't printed or displayed anything behind 900px or 100%. So I can't say conclusively on how it really performs there, but I suspect the sensor itself is more than good enough for my needs.</p>

<p>Personally, I'm eyeing up that Fuji LX :P</p>