Nikkormat FTN and fall colors

sadanand

<p>Nikkormat FTN from Nikon is a true back to basic mechanical camera. Holding it in your hands gives you that built-like-a-tank feel. The pleasure and enlightenment that can come from using it (as opposed to collecting) especially in today's digital world is something to enjoy.<br /><br />Below is a picture of my camera and some pictures with it. I used NAI 50mm lens, Fuji 200 film processed at local Target<br>

As always comments much appreciated</p><div>00ZVOz-408859684.JPG.4ad291a1bca77dab26b2de1ebb4181a3.JPG</div>

<p>Nice, indeed.</p>

<p>I'm a big fan of this camera which was my first Nikon gear. I have the 55mm f/1.2 and the older 50mm f/2, so never got the estimable f/1.4.</p>

<p>Mine works wonderfully, only the lightmeter has gone on it. If your meter still works it's great, but I just use my body with a hand meter. There are some people who say they can repair the older meters, but I've not tried them.</p>

<p>Excellent purity of colour from one of my favourite films, and tack-sharp. The FTn is the only Nikon SLR I've ever owned, but with a lesser lens. Lovely post, <strong>Sadanand</strong>, though it's odd to see your Fall scenes after looking out my window at a lawn covered in fallen cherry blossom! I love the colours and reflections in#3.</p>

<p>Thanks for sharing Sadanand, I learned on my father's old FTN kit and just recently had one of them reconditioned by TLC Camera (review coming over on the Nikon board). I was out shooting the first roll this weekend and can't wait to see if it's all back to ship-shape!</p>

<p>I love the feel of the camera and the size in my hand feels very nice too. I also never understood why Nikon went away from the shutter speed control on the base of the lens mount. To me it allowed one hand aperture and shutter speed control without having to move away from the viewfinder... I must be in the minority in liking this as all subsequent camera's seem to have the shutter speed up on the top deck. Anyway, I'm looking forward to alot of pleasant use with my newly restored FTN!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thank you all for your comments. Good to see that this is still a popular camera. I read somewhere that this camera is to be used and not be resting !!<br>

JDM: I have heard a lot of good things about that f2 lens. So I do not think you are missing anything by not having f1.4 though.<br>

Cory Ammerman: Not to worry... leaves on the ground also make an interesting subject<br>

Tony DeFilippo: Enjoy your FTN ...please post some pictures. <br /> </p>

<p>The photographs were well taken. The leaves colour change was close to spectacular here. I recently made a trip to north of Bancroft which I found funny. The colour change near Bancroft was more advanced than at my father's place, and my father's place was about two weeks ahead of Toronto. There is still some leaf colour here, but further north the trees are pretty much bald. I didn't get many shots off this year. Some are still in the camera.</p>