Irony, Wit and Distance

luis_g

<p>Thanks Barry. The trouble I have with discussions like these is that I cannot help but feel that they can hinder in some ways. I mean whenever one begins to establish protocol, procedures and so on, it tends to limit creativity to say nothing less of enjoyment. Sure we all want to produce work that is meaningful to ourselves and others, but at what point does the work become more for the approval of others then for our own enjoyment? If one photographer does good work on a fairly consistent basis, it means he/she has found a method that works for them. It may not work for me or anyone else. Art is funny like that. We can all participate, but me must work out for ourselves what works for us and what does not.</p>

<p>Marc and others, if you feel it hinders you, why not skip the post? No one suggested, let alone established, as you claim, protocol or procedures in this thread. No one. I think all the members here are able to decide what's good for them and how to go about their own work.</p>

<p>"I love HCB's work because all the buildings and stuff is old looking, Richard.." Low low low value opinion." Me to Richard...love all thos old clothes and beards and hats things. Buildings are sort of okay too.</p>

<p>"Irony, Wit and Distance" <br /><br />Important to create and interesting photo distance is about being close to the action...part of it.</p>