My Canon SLR Museum 1970-2000

steve_harding3

<p>Hello everyone,<br>

I'm new here but having recently put together a menagerie of 1970-2000 vintage Canon SLRs, I wondered if anyone here might be interested in a gallery of them which I've recently posted. There are 24 models featured covering the original F-1 right through to the EOS-1V. For each camera, I've tried to give a brief description and something about its place in the Canon line-up.<br>

The gallery is at <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5057843657/albums/canon-slr-museum-1970-2000#page=1" target="_blank">(link)</a> and any comments (posted here) would be most welcome.<br>

Steve H</p>

<p>Good memories there. I like the FTb version you show, not only black but with the original stop down/timer mechanism with the contour. <br>

I do wish I had gone to the EOS-1 instead of buying the T90 new. I remember trying them side by side at Leo's camera and thinking that the EOS thing wasn't for me and there was a future for FD with the T90. I had brought along my chrome-nosed 35 f/2 to try on the T90 so I was already biased, too bad I didn't put an L series EOS lens on the EOS 1 to have a more fair comparison.</p>

<p>I still have a selection ranging from a Pellix (the later QL model) through to the 7D. My favourites are the EF (the FD Version), the F1 (all three versions but especially the first version), the T90, 1V and my 5DII. Somehow the others (good as they are / were) never developed the same bond. I actually prefer the FD lenses to the EF lenses - there is something solid but sleek about the old lenses that even the best new EF lenses lack. Indeed I think my old 35 F2 performs better than my EF version and lenses like the FD 24 F2, 85 F1.2 and 135 F2 are still great - the sharpest lens I have put on my Panasonic G1 is the FD 50 F3.5 Macro!</p>