Tetenal Ultrafin -shelf life?

helinophoto

<p>Hi<br />I've bought a bunch of stuff to have fun with in the coming months, developers, fixers, 120 films, bulk 135mm films, microfilms and so on, - even a new Hassy =)<br />I've been using Rodinal 1:50 for three rolls of Fomapan, which came out really punchy and great, but I have some Tetenal on the way, which I originally planned to use with this film.<br />Rodinal concentrate is, as known, "ever lasting" on a bottle, but how is Tetenal concentrate in this department?<br />I plan to use Tetenal in around 1:20 dillution and I really don't shoot heaps of rolls every day, so the bottle may be standing in a room-tempered cuppboard for a good while.<br />Will it go bad pretty quick?<br />Anyone with experience using "old" Tetenal, which has been standing around for a good while (1 year ++ ) ?</p>

<p>Regards =)</p>

<p>Which Tetenal developer? They offer several, including Ultrafin, Emofin, Neofin Blue. I've used only the latter - Neofin Blue - but have no idea how long it keeps in storage. If I'm recalling correctly the manufacturer didn't claim it would keep as long as Rodinal.</p>

<p>If long term shelf life after opening the container is important, stick with Rodinal or HC-110. Those are the only liquid concentrates I keep. Other than those I use powdered developers that I don't mix until I can use up the entire liter or gallon within a few weeks.</p>

<p>Neofin Blue is a high sharpness developer suited to slow and medium fine grained films. It comes in liquid form in small brown glass bottles with plastic screw-on caps. Emofin is a two bath developer which is used for pushing film (controlled underexposure) for special effects or to allow a higher shutter speed/smaller f/stop. It comes in powder form. Ultrafin is also a liquid and if my memory is right it is used for medium and high speed films. If you are not sure whether your Ultrafin is still good, don't use it on anyting important. Shoot a test strip of 5-10 frames, develop it in the Ultrafin and examine the results carefully. I think the Ultrafin comes in a plastic bottle.</p>