Nikon F5

james_angersola

<p>I recently purchased a Nikon F5 which I was told was new still in the box. It is new looking so I give the benefit of the dought. My issue is when I ran a roll of 100 speed through a good percentage of photos were overexposed.I ran them straight no exposure compensation. I did set it for 100asa I am wiondering if the previous owner set something like bracketing or something to that effect. My question is does the nikon F5 have a two button reset to bring it back to factory settings? I basically want to start from scratch and test the camera. Any help would be appreciated.</p>

<p> Thank You</p>

<p>I don't recall a total reset, but the 24 custom settings can pretty quickly be reset individually. If you don't have a manual, you are doing yourself a disservice. I don't recall where I downloaded mine from (it was free), but I am sure a quick Google search will reveal places you can either get one for free or a nominal sum.</p>

<p>Only the menu settings are reset. There are some other things you need to check.</p>

<p>Exposure bracketing (BKT) is set using the top panel and the front command dial. Press that button to see if the function is active or not. The top panel will also select which exposure mode - A, P, S or M. Finally, there is a selector on the prism housing for the metering method - spot, matrix or center weighted. The spot mode will give unreliable settings unless you use it properly.</p>