Canon Thursday Photo 2011: #37

nathangardner

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Hi all, great shots again.. i was going to follow Lupo and photograph my lunch, but it's still under the grill. So you'll have to wait till next week.<br>

Another apple for now. It's from a new tree, first batch of apples. According to the label it was supposed to be a Golden Delicous, but this sure isn't a yellow apple..<br>

Someone know what kind this is?<br>

5D2, 50 2.5 macro (the girls where not using it, so i took it back.) no post, just resized.</p><div>00ZKlj-398629584.jpg.434f7a3ae4604af1fba661d5a8dc09de.jpg</div>

<p>Another week of shooting medical devices on a white sweep for catalog. Don't think anyone wants to see a bone cutters or aorta forceps. I'll submit this shot of the sunset on Jordan Lake, South Carolina, taken two evenings ago. Despite all the rain from last weeks storm, I surprised to see how low the lake was.</p><div>00ZKmH-398635584.jpg.81b964c69f5b75fdcca82974e657c303.jpg</div>

Mark Kissel.. A little background on your F-104. It is and was a very unforgiving airplane with an extensive accident history. It has a J-57 engine. The same as on 707s. I managed the investigatgion of one such accident. The engine shed a compressor blade at 18k feet destroying the rest of the engine behind it. Because they were over a populated area they tried to dead stick land the airplane and came up 2000 feet short of the intended runway. The two pilots gave their lives trying to save the people below them by not ejecting when they had a chance. Nice picture.

<p>Very nice shots this week everyone, my personal favourite is Adrian K's - very different and love the texture.</p>

<p>Trying different POVs from under an old retired CN caboose serving time as a display (and target for anarchists evidently!) Been trying new things in post and really like adding grain to desaturated shots for a moody effect (if that makes any sense).</p><div>00ZKoz-398671584.jpg.03e7b1d4ba9fe154d0e3f3473ee42440.jpg</div>

<p>Definately not the F-104 that Mark has, (very nice BTW) but something a little bit different for me, . . . a couple of weeks ago I attended an Air Show with a bit of a "twist" from my usual air show attendance. I happened upon an RC (Radio Controlled) Air Show. I watched for awhile, talked with some of the Participant's about their aircraft and was facinated to learn that many of the larger models were powered by a 2 cylinder (opposing cylinder), 4 cycle engine.<br>

After awhile, I couldn't resist getting out the camera gear! I dabble with some Bird in Flight stuff, but these RC Planes are almost as fun to shoot, and certainly fun to watch!<br>

Some really nice work over the past couple of weeks everyone! I'm very happy to get to participate, . . . maybe we'll break that 100 mark yet!</p><div>00ZKpD-398675584.jpg.ecc5ee70a18d953fd17f3b6a5889d3c2.jpg</div>

<p>Love the airshow photos. I didn't know any F-104s were still flying - just hope the pilot knows what direction the ejection seat fires.</p>

<p>I'm always so busy at home that I never have time to shoot, so all my photos are taken on business trips. This was last week in Nagoya, Japan. I was walking back to the hotel after an afternoon of photography and came across the fire department doing some training.</p><div>00ZKqh-398689584.jpg.e5ed4d7f1f44cd4708d652b595a66284.jpg</div>

<p>Wow, another shot of fungi in the group. How cool. It's going to be mostly fungi for me 'till they freeze. I got my lens in May and I've spent most of the summer getting acquainted. I was inspired by Lupo to attempt taking food photos while I was canning. Nothing good enough to post, but Lupo, please know that your photos are an inspiration to a newcomer. My fungus of the week, Xeromphalina campanella.</p><div>00ZKs1-398707584.JPG.a6838e7d6afcb20c1d05717b174b154c.JPG</div>