Alternative Lenses for 5DMKII

<p>I don't know if this is the right forum to post this, but I'll give it a go. I have the 35/1.4, 50/1.4 and 85/1.2 but I'm looking for some alternative lenses that I could use when I shoot video, just cheap stuff like the Helios 58/2,0 for example, and I'm in particular looking for a macro, tilt/shift, more wideangle and more tele.<br>

Any suggestions? As long as they cover 36x24 and are cheap I'm happy (yeah and only fixed lenses)</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

I don't shoot video but I do use my old Mamiya 645 lenses on my 5DII. I use a Mirex tilt shift adaptor that gives a very

good range of lens movement and costs under $400 including shipping. It takes about a month to get one as they

come from Germany but they are extremely well made. I find it worked well on my 1D and 5DII but less well on my

7D due to the built in flash - but this is also true of my Canon 17mm F4 tilt shift lens. The image quality of the M645

lenses is very good and the system works well. For stills use you do need live view as focus and tilt effects are not

always easy through the viewfinder and exposure settings are best in manual (this is true with Canons tilt shift lenses).

Mirex make adaptors for Hassy and Pentax as well as Mamiya. On a full frame body there is (obviously) no lens

conversion so my adaptor gives me a full range of lenses from 35mm to 150mm. I have not tried lenses longer than

150mm but I am sure you can providing the lens is not too big.

<p>How cheap? You can't go too cheap if you want to retain good IQ on the 5D2.</p>

<p>For TS on the budget the Mirex/Mamiya <a href="00WaiF">can not be rivaled</a>. For primes on the budget Samyang offers very good 14mm, 35mm and 85mm options, and a 24/1.4 will be in the stores <a href="http://www.dpreview.com/news/1108/11081205samyang24mm.asp">later this year</a>.</p>

<p>Happy shooting,<br>

Yakim.</p>

<p>I've used a few M42 Pentax SuperTakumar and SMC Takumar lenses on a 5DMK2. Very smooth handling and lovely rendering. Consult this <a href="http://www.panoramaplanet.de/comp/">list</a> to ensure that there is space enough to accommodate the lens aperture arm, especially with Helios lenses.</p>

<p>For closeup shooting I've used a M42 SMC Takumar 100mm f4 on that camera. It goes down to 1:2 and is a fine lens. Even more fun is the M42 Mamiya/Sekor 60mm f2.8. Excellent rendering at 1:1. This is a preset lens which I find very convenient, especially with LiveView.</p>

<p>The only T&S lens I can think of is actually a shift only lens: A Pentax "M" 28mm f3.5. Very solidly built, since it is an "M" lens you can use it with an K-to-EOS adapter and shoot stopped down. Problem is that it is quite pricey on the used markets as there are no other wider-angle available T<br />&S alternatives for Pentax K-mount today.</p>

<p>ME</p>