Canon Thursday Photo 2011: #34

nathangardner

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry,

I would say (if you know where to look) the pileateds are also easier to find here, but as far as getting within photo

reach, that's another story. The red headers aren't necessarily easy to photograph either, but having one land in front

of me (while looking for owls) with the 800mm attached didn't hurt my chances.

<p>After a little research I found that this is extremely rare and there is not another one exactly like this one. So, I must have been very lucky to get a shot of it. Or I had nothing exciting to write here so I just invented a rare pigeon.</p><div>00ZEx3-392895584.jpg.5c2d3a24e30d888d603ec725c682ed58.jpg</div>

<p>In reverse order:<br />Martin - I really love that pic, which church yeard was it taken in?<br />Vladamir - I so love photographing flora up close.<br />Marcel - what a lovely rose - do you now the species?<br />Mark - Could you send me private message on how to go about doing a similar one.<br />Dan and Ervin - I adore macro shots of insects (hey I'm a strange type of lady). I plan to take some spider pics soon.<br>

All the pics were amazing (esp. the early proto-type cylons a.k.a. petrol pumps).</p>

<p>Hugs<br>

Belinda</p>

<p>Just returned from 5 weeks in Bavaria, and Upper Austria. One of my favorite cities was Passau on the Danube. It is on the Austrian border and not very far from the Czech Republic. It was a village in the 2nd Century BC and later became an important Roman settlement. Now a thriving German port on the Danube</p>

<p>Canon 7 D, 1/1500 at f 3,2, Why this setting? There was wind and I had been shooting through blowing tree branches and didn't change my setting on the AV mode.</p><div>00ZEyJ-392919784.jpg.bb0364cc0b9c93928f3b02189ad889f2.jpg</div>

<p>Happy Thursday. We are bracing for Hurricane Irene in the Northeast. August 2011 certainly seems to have been apocalypse month with the Sun hitting the Earth with two X class flares, Earthquakes, meteor showers, floods, fires and hurricanes not to mention the stock market....and my camera died from wounds received last week at a Revolutionary War Reenactment, though it is already being repaired at Canon's repair facility. Here is one of the shots I pulled of the card from that shoot.</p><div>00ZF05-392947584.jpg.24dd6087ac5cf971c9a0a9a7b9b93ec7.jpg</div>
Cheers, Mark

<p>Hi All,<br>

We too are preparing for Hurricane Irene. I hope all who are doing so fare well and stay safe. I agonized over my contribution this week. We left the woods, sort of, and headed to the Philadelphia Folk Festival. This is the first time we took cameras.<br>

I am a preschooler when it comes to photographing people. I'm not comfortable doing it, don't know much about it, and get pretty nervous at the prospect. It is a galaxy from my comfort zone.Yet there we were surrounded by tens of thousands of PEOPLE and well, why not try. I took many of performers that are better than this, but this was harder for me, and maybe a bit more gratifying in the end.<br>

I've submitted this one because I think I can learn a lot from it. I hid behind the opening in the curtain, but it also seemed to offer a more interesting position than out front. This is my favorite of the series because the crowd seems more engaged. I'm heading back to the woods and fungi. </p><div>00ZFDo-393173584.jpg.853112f3e525291987909ff0d23bf4d0.jpg</div>