Nikon Wednesday 2011: #33

Matt Laur

<p>Trying to keep a child's spirits up amongst the devastation that surrounds him after the tornado outbreak in Alabama in April, my colleague Todd allows this young lad to play and have a few laughs as he pours water over Todd’s head. We were on-site as part of our company’s disaster response team, and were assessing the damage in Toney, AL, northwest of Huntsville. Every home on this street was destroyed, but the neighbors persevered.</p><div>00ZCTh-390447584.jpg.e6b27b5d2efffffa41f040cf23b9de09.jpg</div>

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>Greetings Nikon Lovers. I was visiting my parents house recently and the hummingbirds were quite active at one of their feeders. I was able to set my tripod and camera on a table a few feet from the feeder and using the remote, fire off a bunch of pictures. In hind sight I should have pushed the iso higher, so I could have stopped a little more of the wing motion.</p><div>00ZCU7-390461584.jpg.172f152ca72a3c8572a6766856fabd28.jpg</div>

<p>So many fantastic photos, you guys are a talented bunch.<br>

There was a nearby balloon festival, this particular night was called Balloon Glow, they fire the balloons up at night but keep them on the ground. It was a very dark evening as a mean dust storm moved in, so I didn't get a lot of shots, and most I didn't like and were very noisy, but I got one I sort of liked and I guess that's all that matters!</p><div>00ZCVF-390477584.jpg.c292e8565d15ab1962c3cb4a050b82d9.jpg</div>

<p>From my two day visit to Yellowstone National Park in mid-July. Taken from the viewing platform at the brink of Lower Yellowstone Falls; The power of the river at high water was tremendous. I stayed there for over an hour as the light changed, then walked downstream to another vantage point. D80 w/Tamron 17-50. Hand-held, stabilized by leaning against the guard rail.</p><div>00ZCW8-390491684.jpg.56b0ae887b06de0a84864e5af41ea035.jpg</div>

<p>A little later than usual to the party, but glad to be here. Favorites this week:</p>

<p>Lorne Sunley's bird<br>

Phil Burt's dog<br>

Erik's camel?<br>

Chris Sperry's yellowstone</p>

<p>Didn't have a lot of time this week, so here's one from a couple weeks back, an outstanding beach day. Did have to spend some time avoiding the 'deposits' from these guys.....</p>

<p> </p><div>00ZCWE-390493584.jpg.09328d5b766720686a82c5805697279d.jpg</div>

<p>Hi All<br>

Again a lovely selection this week as there appears to be a lot of water based pics here is my contribution taken a couple of weeks ago from the top of a ferry heading into Portsmouth Harbour. I loved the contrast of the Victorian Fort in the Foreground with the Modern Millenium tower in the background. The forts known as Palmerston's follies were obselete before they were finished and now this one is up for sale as an interesting property for someone who doesn't like neighbours!</p><div>00ZCYV-390531584.jpg.2092318f04e72208671ded7ee905f740.jpg</div>