TD-3 problems, help

<p>I have been trying to develope Tech Pan (35mm in small plastic tank) with TD-3, and so far my four attempts have left me with no images on the film. The film (after fixing) comes out completely clear, as it seems the TD-3 developer is not mixed right. (the diluted TD-3 pours out dark) I tried it first with the double dilution (125 + 875distilledwater, then 50cc of this working stock into 500cc for developement, a+b) and then single dilution 50cc of a and b to make 500, no image with this either. Called Photographer Formulary twice, and I am still confused....any ideas? Thanks lots. (the tech pan is ok in rodinal) dennis </p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>You may be making a mistake when making your final dilution; I do not fully understand your final mixing instruction from above. Your Stock solution A + Stock Solution B + water should be: 1 part A + 1 part B + 8 parts water. Mix 100ml of A with 100ml of B and add 800ml of water. Your developer may be over diluted and there is just no development action taking place. If you have mixed the concentrates A&B correctly (1+7 dilution) for stock solutions and diluted the stock solutions 1+1+8 correctly and there is no image, you may have a bad batch of developer; either A or B may be contaminated or mislabeled.</p>

<p>Paul</p>