Long shot: Glassless Canon FD lens to Nikon F camera adapter?

dan_ded

<p>Does anyone know of a glassless adapter for mounting Canon FD lenses on a Nikon camera body? All I've found via Google are adapters with glass.</p>

<p>I know this is unlikely, as the difference in lens registers goes the wrong way. But I want to mount a Canon FD bellows onto my camera, so a little extra extension wouldn't hurt anything. As far as I can tell, the bellows has no cracks. This is just to play around. I've got an FD lens that I could put on the front end of the bellows, so I'd get to play with two things that otherwise just take up space on my shelf!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Got one. Used to use it with that bellows. But I don't use it at all anymore, bellows or not. It takes film, and I very much prefer digital. I particularly would prefer digital if the context involves a bellows! And I'm looking to spend about $20. I've got a Nikon macro lens, and Nikon-mount extension tubes, so this really would be just for playing around.</p>

<p>Plan A: Bust the glass out of the glassed adapter. It will probably foul up the optical path if used like that on a bellows anyway.</p>

<p>Plan B: Remove the lens mount from the back end of the bellows and replace it with a Nikon mount from a scrapped lens or, if you do not have access to one of those, melt a few screw holes into a body cap, core out the center, and use that instead.</p>

<p>Plan C: Core out the centers of a Nikon body cap and a Canon rear lens cap. Epoxy together. Instant adapter.</p>

<p>There were FD "reverse T-mount adapter" made back then. These are adapter that has a male T-mount on one end and can mount to a FD-lens on the other. Find one of them and add that to an easy to find T-mount to Nikkor adapter. You are done. Good luck.</p>

<p>BTW: Spiratone and many other off-brands once made them.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Plan C: Core out the centers of a Nikon body cap and a Canon rear lens cap. Epoxy together. Instant adapter.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I'd likely try this if I wouldn't have to hang the camera off the jerry-rigged adapter. In fact, I already have a Canon rear lens cap with the center cut out, so the job's half done.</p>

<p>I'll have to look into the reverse T-mount adapter. I'd not heard of that.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I do the opposite, sometimes using Nikon F mount lenses on Canon cameras.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yeah, that's more common, as you can fit an adapter between them and still have the lens at the proper distance to the focal plane.</p>