Nikon Wednesday 2011: #24

Matt Laur

<p>More great shots. I am sure the better weather is helping.<br>

Hamish: Great thunderstorm<br>

Doug Santo: Another great interior shot. I should also comment on the humidor from a few weeks back. As a dabbler in woodwork, I can appreciate the effort.<br>

Ted Holm: You captured the raw beauty of Yosomite<br>

David Rowley: Good capture. The older I get, the harder it is to get up that early<br>

John Rowsell: Cute Corgi. You obviously used a trick lens to shorten the legs. :)<br>

This is a shot of some of the "Bling" from Peggy Sue's All American Cruise last weekend in Santa Rosa, CA. Acres and acres of beautiful customs. My aching back and feet gave out after about 4 hrs of drooling over the cars.</p>

<div>00YtU8-369565584.jpg.5066a79e8097b2bfabf5f6014937ecf6.jpg</div>

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>Very nice work this week!</p>

<p>I went with a couple of friends to a mexican restaurant here in Spain, and my friend was served this vegetarian dish. If it would taste only half as good as it looks I'd already be happy! The picture ended up on my monthly calendar as I found out yesterday I was still living in May :-)</p>

<p><a title="Mexican food. por Girona_Flashman, en Flickr" href=" Mexican food. src="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3364/5832050161_0cb245e472_z.jpg" alt="Mexican food." width="640" height="425" /></a></p>

<p>D90 with Tamron 17-50 f/2.8</p>

<p>I've been recuperating from knee replacement surgery for several weeks so my photographic subjects were limited. This shot is one of my dogs resting on the back of the sofa. Enjoying all the wonderful images today!</p><div>00YtWM-369593584.jpg.0895860408b4c0926a7a134a755c59c7.jpg</div>

<p>Really enjoying this weeks Wednesday pics<br>

Here is a picture of some shells I found poking around in rock pools on the Isle of Wight<br>

<br /> Lorne Sunley - Love the look in the raccoons eyes<br /> Rich Johnson - beautiful colour pallette<br /> Dave Rowley Like the way the sun is framed peeping through the centre of the fence<br /> P Watson- really interesting composition feels like you are falling into the picture<br /> John Rowsell such a cute subject</p><div>00YtWj-369597684.JPG.ce7b154c9734496e798c43065299d30b.JPG</div>

<p>Happy Wednesday everyone, and congratulations Ofer! My favs this week are:<br>

Matt's puppy<br>

Lorne's raccoon<br>

Jeannean's insect<br>

Rich's sunset<br>

Martins elephants<br>

Pascal's fishermen<br>

P Watson's lighthouse<br>

and Aguinaldo's urban landscape</p>

<p>The beautiful evenings continued on and off until Sunday, and I was able to revisit the nearby fields with my daughters. This time the dog came too:</p>

<div>00YtXu-369607584.jpg.74cd2a9c1f7a5d467afe5cd410ba2f08.jpg</div>

<p>I am an irregular poster but regular visitor and the photos are getting better by the week. Well done. Mine is from Sunday when we took my mother in law for lunch at a place in the mountains behind us. After lunch we went on one of the walks and were 'accosted' by the horses in the paddock.</p><div>00YtZJ-369651584.jpg.319567ad10a01a8785957d9b290eeb23.jpg</div>

<p>As always, great work everyone!<br>

Matt, so glad you followed through on your "threat" ;) - yet another beautiful shot of a gorgeous pup!<br>

Allan, I love your photo of the cyclist - the expression really captures the moment perectly.<br>

This last week I spent some time slogging through some images taken last Spring during one of our Schutzhund club's training sessions. My contribution this week is of a nice working line German Shepherd practicing a "hold and bark" on the decoy. </p><div>00YtaR-369679584.jpg.06c18345b48bf25d4abfef9707606c1d.jpg</div>

<p>So many lovely pictures again this week...hard to chose I must say, anyway some of my favorites...<br>

Matt Laur, Bill J Boyd, Jeannean, Tony hadley, Jana Hughes, Martin Z, Allan Armstrong, Eric Arnold, Pascal Rurel, Hamish Grey, Robert Wayt, Aguinaldo de Paula, John Roswell, Steve Belden, Chris Wick, Pieter Nel.<br>

Cheers!</p>

<p>Thank you Dawn Eggleton and Chris Wick for your comments<br />...liked your dog pic!<br />Other favs Martin Z's elephants, Eric Arnold's musician, Bogdan's sandstorm,Jon Eckans interesting truck totem pole and Steve Belden' very cute kitten</p>

<p>Greetings everyone. I am entering this photo in The 2011 Iowa State Fair Photography competition. The theme this year is : OUR WORLD IN MOTION. For some reason the background color change once I re-size the photo.<br>

Thanks <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5203249">Jennifer Meighan</a> for your comment on last Wednesday photo.</p>

<div>00Ytfk-369795584.jpg.42226c75fa5fbb85e2b84b4a5db51844.jpg</div>