Adobe upgrade path - fiddly question

<p>Hello all,<br>

I have had a good look, but haven't found an answer to this question. I have on my Mac the whole of the Adobe Creative Suite installed (CS3 Extended in fact). I want to upgrade the Photoshop part ONLY of this to CS5, remove Photoshop CS3 and leave the remaining CS3 applications fully functional. I may also upgrade to the latest, forthcoming version of OS-X at the same time.<br>

Is there an upgrade path available to me that allows me simply to upgrade only Photoshop in this way (even though I have it as part of the whole Creative Suite CS3) and leave the other CS3 applications working? Also, in a house move I lost the packaging to my CS3 installaton, so don't have the code/key to it - which might be an issue I assume?<br>

Can anyone advise me of the best thing to do? I could just buy CS5 if I have to, but naturally am keen to avoid paying that much if possible.<br>

All advice gratefully received!<br>

Ed</p>

<p>You should contact Adobe directly but from other reading I've done, it appears as though once you go down down the CS road, you end up having to upgrade the entire suite as there is no path to upgrade the apps ala carte.</p>

<p>You can upgrade Photoshop CS3 to CS5 separately, leaving the other CS3 apps alone, but I wouldn't remove Photoshop CS3 because you may need for the installation or if you upgrade the whole suite to CS5. That said, however, there's isn't much advantage to doing this (skipping CS4) financially, not much of a discount. As Howard noted, once in the CS package train, you're in for the future to keep the discounts with each future upgrade. As for the serial number, good luck there, as that's often one entry in the upgrade installation to verify the previous version. Just my experience.</p>

<p>I don't know because I just went to Adobe's Website and walked through to buy the upgrade of PS CS3/4 to CS5 and it didn't ask about being in a CS package. I've added or upgraded individual applications of CS 3/4/5 packages over the years with no problems, which often means getting the same thing again later in CS packages.</p>