FD photos from May...

sw12dz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>

<p>BTW, how do you Americans always know which model/year it is? For sure I could tell you whether it was Golf I, II, II IV or V, when talking about Volkswagen, but I could never tell you which year exactly it was</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The "59" on the number plate is a dead giveaway!</p>

<p>Rick - LOVE the morning road shot, and the webs (insert expected smart ass remark about photos of webs on the web here;) )<br>

Louis - I miss my L zoom, but I can't fool myself into thinking it was the lens - great job, love the fox glove pic, and the red truck made me realize that I am not nearly mature enough to prevent a "wow, that sure is a big cock" joke :)<br>

Really enjoyed them all, might bring the thread to a lower common denominator with some shots of my own as soon as I scan them - I took the repaired 135 f3.5 for a walk just to see if it works.</p>

<p><strong>Peter-</strong>Thanks for the good feedback. We get a lot of Shuttlecock jokes around here and, as you might imagine, many are not G-rated. Funny thing is when The Oldenburg Sculptures were installed in 1994, there was a huge uproar over them as eyesores. Now they are beloved by locals and visitors alike and practically an icon of Kansas City. </p>

<p>I hope you jump in with a few pics. I have the old breech lock 135 f/2.5 but I've never seen results from the f/3.5 version. </p>

"BTW, how do you Americans always know which model/year it is? For sure I could tell you whether it was Golf I, II, II

IV or V, when talking about Volkswagen, but I could never tell you which year exactly it was"

Thomas - We baby boomers in the U.S. grew up in a car culture during the 50s, 60s, and early 70s. The ones who

are good at it (not me) use things like headlights, tailights, grills, and bumpers. These things always changed year to

year even when the basic body style didn't.

<blockquote>

<p>Thomas - We baby boomers in the U.S. grew up in a car culture during the 50s, 60s, and early 70s. The ones who are good at it (not me) use things like headlights, tailights, grills, and bumpers. These things always changed year to year even when the basic body style didn't.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Ok, sounds logical to me, though I didn't know there had been these little changes every year.</p>

<p><strong>Louis </strong>- I wanna have a go with my 35mm f/2. You just cover the front and back elements with foil? or you do something like a hood with the foil? Your help would be much appreciated.<br /> Thanks<br /> Theo</p>