Nikon Wednesday 2011: #21

Matt Laur

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>This was a year of some significance to many of us. Now it's a brand of jeans. Taken walking around SoHo in NYC two Fridays back. The film is Neopan 1600 shot at ISO 800 and developed in Xtol with a dash of Rodinal.</p>

<div>00Ymm1-362427584.jpg.3155bdeae14c021053cb467e2f2d18da.jpg</div>

<p>Happy wednesday everyone.</p>

<p>My favorites this week:<br>

Anura's Blue Jay<br>

Ismail's rose<br>

Jerry's black and white web<br>

Kent's granddaughter<br>

Alejandro's theatre seats<br>

Roberta's hiding spider</p>

<p>I took this in the garden after noticing one of our scrub was attracting a lot of attention from bees. Unfortunately I don't have any macro equipment yet, so had to crop a bit......</p>

<p> </p><div>00Ymnm-362451584.jpg.349602da7c5ebf5a698af941dff9ecf7.jpg</div>

<p>Last Thursday we had our above ground pool redone. We started to fill the pool and as soon as it got dark the frogs that had been living in the old one showed up. It was so dark outside I used a powerful spot light to see the frogs. I then got the camera and flash and tried to hold the spotlight, large camera and lens and focus on the ever moving frogs. I liked how the spotlight made reflections and shadows. Shot raw converted in PS elements. Nikon D3, Nikon 300 2.8, F/8, 1/60 sec, ISO 500, SB 900 Flash, mono pod</p><div>00Ymqy-362503584.jpg.b470b74b87bc430dbf64c5956c3ddf0a.jpg</div>

<p>Doug Santo what a beautiful piece of furniture. Being a cabinet maker I know how much hard work you put into this piece. I can tell you also put alot of love in it also. Wish I could see it in person to really see all the detail. Great job! Nice photo also.</p>