2-part D-76 for blasted HP-5?

<p>OK, I make a classic mistake. Loaded a TLR with HP-5. Then it rained for a week. Finally, the sun came out, and I went out and, for reasons that made sense at the time, exposed the whole roll at EI 100. <br>

Now, 200 would be easy. I do that all the time. But 100 is different.<br>

I have XTOL, HC110, and Rodinal that I could mix up, and extrapolate a time from the Massive Dev Chart. But, I just mixed a batch of 2-part D-76.<br>

I'm thinking that if I throw this film in the 2-part developer, it will be really low contrast, but at least the highlights won't block up. So I can print it on grade 4.<br>

What would you do?</p>

<p>There aren't too many times on the MDC for HP-5 at EI 100, but I saw two. One for HC-100 and the other for Microdol-X. <br>

There's a gent named Chris Waller that's visits here (good guy!) who shoots Tri-X at EI 160 and soups in Rodinal. I know it''s TX and not HP-5, and EI 160 and not 100, but maybe his times will be close.<br>

I wouldn't do the two-part D-76 route. Two parts are made to bring out one level of development and that's it. What you need to do is pull your HP-5, not develope to a fixed point.</p>

<p>Indeed try the <em>Ultra Fine Grain</em> developer. Standard you will loose 1 F stop and pulling an extra stop gives good shadow details.<br>

I am talking about Microdol-X, Perceptol, CG-512/RLS (24C) or W665.<br>

Best information you will get in the Ilford/Harman Perceptol data sheet. Your result will be a very fine grained HP5+ negative but some lack in sharpness. But the combination within E.I. 100-200 won't be any problem.</p>

<p>Best regards,</p>

<p>Robert</p>