My favorite film is (alas) no more.

<p>So first the good news. I got my IRS refund. Now the bad news (which I kind of already new about, but I'm senile, and kind of forgot). So I got in the car, and drove to Unique Photo to restock my film supply. I have plenty of 35mm PXP, but I was down to 2 rolls of 120. I pick up two 5 roll packs, and head for the checkout, and low, and behold, PXP 120 has dissapeared from their data base do to the fact that Kodak has discontinued it. So no one new the price, and when they finally got a hold of the owner, I was charged $3 per roll. I think that's a good deal, and if I had more $$ to spend I would have cleaned them out. Sad day indeed as I personallt think that PXP is probably the best all around B&W film out there. </p>

<p>I really miss Panatomic-X; nearly as much as I do Kodachrome 25.<br>

I suppose that the good news is that the films that are left seem to have low grain and good contrast that we would have really liked back when.</p>

<p>I guess this is one reason why as a beginner years ago I was steered toward Ilford film. Kodak it seems, has a long history of discontinuing it's products. Most recently, Plus-X in 120 is history and there are rumors it's on it's way out in 135 as well. Ilford, on the other hand is able to keep it's product line in production. I wonder why.</p>