Best film for indoor reception?

<p>Any general purpose film with a flash. As long as you don't fall into the trap of thinking a high film speed on the box will give you X-Ray vision, you're good. The leading trap to avoid is assuming that the film is fast enough to do just anything. As soon as you go indoors, you're likely to be at EV10 (nautical twilight) and below. On sunny 16, that'd already put you at f/2. For this reason, I suggest any general purpose film with a flash. </p>

<p>I also suggest going with whatever you normally like and use a flash. A few years back I made the mistake of trying to take some pics at a family wedding (not the paid photog, he took off early in the evening, so I was just having fun), but trying to shoot available-light. Big mistake - the lights were turned down so it was about EV 2-3 in the hall. I had a very, very low success rate.</p>

<p>The thing is, if alcohol is being served, the guests generally will be feeling too, um, *pleasant* to care about your flash anyway, so you won't be breaking the mood, if that's your concern.</p>