Pet peeves - let's hear them

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Spending many hours researching a lens online and with fellow photographers, deciding on a lens, going to the store to buy it, and then getting into an argument with know-it-all clerks about how I should be buying a different lens. I still don't have a wide angle lens because of that, the money is still in my pocket.<br>

Wandering around a wildlife sanctuary with my humble SLR with 100-300 lens, enjoying the view, and nearly being trampled by some wanna-be pro with huge tripod, over-sized fancy photography bag, camera round his neck with 600 mm lens swinging over his pot belly, Tilley hat and glasses, pretentious vest with pockets filled to the brim with accessories bulging around said pot belly, and nearly shoving me aside to set up the shot. Then comes his buddy with even more gear, and they start yammering about the shots they got this week, which ones have been published in what magazine, and other bragging b.s. in voices so loud that any creature with 1/4 mile has long since dove for cover.<br>

People that SEE a photographer taking pictures of the crowd, have ben TOLD clearly that photographers are taking pictures, then walk in front of the photographer, put themselves in front of the action...then start b***g out the photographer about how he/she didn't have permission to take their picture, and don't dare publish them.<br>

Trying to make a left turn, you've waited for oncoming traffic to clear...and there's that ONE last car coming...and the S.O.B. sees your left turn signal...and deliberately slows down so that traffic behind catches up and you miss your chance to turn. Also, on a 4-lane, you're in the left lane doing the speed limit and even more, and some jackass behind you swings out, races ahead of you, and cuts back in to the left lane only to slam the brakes and turn on the left turn signal.<br>

Tailgaters. I should have a sign in the back window of my truck cap that says "Slow down or pass/Just get my a**!"<br>

Hissy-speak. Mostly women, young gals do this, hiss their esses when they speak like a demented snake in a horror movie.<br>

Threads that ask me my pet peeves. I get roped in and show the world I'm a cranky old gal!</p>

<ul>

<li>Moderators who banned me from posting for 30 days. (Peeve)</li>

<li>People shooting pictures at night of Manhattan from the observation deck on the 86th floor of the Empire State Building with the flashes turned on. It's always funny watching that from the ground. (non-peeve)</li>

</ul>

<p>I go to great lengths to be on time for ANY meeting or function, so for me the most irritating failing in others is unpunctuality without explanation, apology or simple call to warn you.<br>

Damn, I'm late for my bus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>></p>