Creating a slideshow on Pinnacle using big images

<p>I have Pinnacle 12 and PS CS5. Over the last days, I took photos in RAW with my Canon EOS 450. I edited those and saved them as PSB files to try to keep the size, as it will be displayed on a screen. Pinnacle does not recognise this format nor the CR2.<br>

Should I resize from the 15MB to 3 MB jpeg, or is there another way to keep the size? Another question then- should I keep the large size and will a smaller jpeg project the same??<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>The pixel dimensions of your image files should be determined by the resolution of your display. For example, a 1080p HD TV has a resolution of 1,920x1,080. This is a 2 megapixel image. <br /><br>

<br /></p>

<p>Also, it appears that you might be confusing megapixels and megabytes. They are not the same thing and not directly related.</p>

<p>Thanks for your prompt reply.<br>

I looked at one photo:</p>

<p>After editing in RAW the file size was 15.85 MB, the dimensions 2986x2302, bit depth 16 (CR 2 file), 6.9MP and 240 ppi. After saving it as a psb file, the size 59.13 MB, dimensions 2986x2302(the same) bit depth 8 and the resolution 240 ppi.</p>

<p>So, I realize now, that although the MB's have increased, the MP's stayed the same.</p>

<p>I saved the photo from PS at the maximum setting (12), size 7.7 MB, the dimensions stayed the same, the bit depthh 8 (I saved the psb file) and the resolution stays the same.</p>

<p>So, in other words, if after editing in RAW and then in PS, should I save it as JPEG and load it onto Pinnacle? Or do you have another idea?<br>

Would the same then apply if I convert a VOB video file to get a clip to MPEG, the size of one file decreases from 1 GB to 2-300 MB. Would MPEG be the best to use to add a clip to the slideshow?<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>Im not sure about 16:9, because I've not authored anything in that format, however on a standard 4:3, you will use a picture sized at 640x480 for full screen view and most likely will be a JPEG, but double check your authoring program as it may allow other formats?</p>

<p>~Jack</p>