A-1 repair/cla technician recomendations

david_smith110

<p>I need to send my A-1 out for a cla/de-squeaking (if thats even a real word) and I would like to know a reputable repair service/technician who can do this for a reasonable cost. I am on the verge of sending it to garryscamera.com which is very affordable and seems to be legit and trustworthy. Has anyone had dealings with this shop, good or bad? Or any other repair services I should know about that are competitive on cost?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>David, I shoot with A-1's (mostly), and I use Pro Camera in Cleveland (procameraservice.com). They have serviced dozens of makes, models & formats for me over the years and always done an excellent job.</p>

<p>Ken is English speak challenged. I think he understands english much better than he speaks it. I have communicated with him by letter and that worked well. I wouldn't count on phone communication with him although I have talked to him via phone. He doesn't do email that I've ever known of.<br>

Send him the camera with a note explaining what you want and he will do it. You can count on good service and a very fair price. He may call or have someone in his household call you with the cost. Send a check by mail. Maybe not the modern way to do it.</p>

<p>Thanks for all the responses. I think due to budgetary concerns I am going to end up using Garys right now. The response to Theresa's post seems to fall in line with what I have heard and the price is VERY reasonable.</p>

<p>I will update this when I get my camera back. Thanks again guys!</p>

<p>Mr Oikawa is long retired from his days as a Canon employee and in my experience away on (family?) trips from time to time, but rarely longer than a few days. Usually all you need to do is call him again once or twice a few days after your first call. His work is always very thorough and like Tim writes his rates are very fair.</p>