Canon XSi..or 30D..?

<p>I need a better camera to shoot a few weddings this year.....and limited budget puts me in to this<br>

area about $400 range...Ive been seeing these 2 cameras that I like.....<br>

I like the bigger 3" screen on the XSi.....but I've heard about the auto focus problems......and this is very important issue at weddings moving fast.....<br>

I like the PC sync plug on the 30D...which will be a more reliable flash shooter..but its heavier.....and less MPx.....and smaller screen.....<br>

anyone have any experience with these cams...or have a better one in this price range...?<br>

Best of health David G</p>

<p>Can't help you with the 30D, but I've been using the XSi for two years without any focusing problems. Never heard of any either. I was recently shooting cars at a winter driving course using my camera and several lenses, including my 75-300mm Canon IS, and I had no problem focusing. Of course there was plenty of light.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I also use the XSI, have never had any problems with auto focus or anthing for that matter. I love this camera, I shoot a variety of subjects and have made beautiful portraits with this camera. I retired from shooting weddings a few years back, but would not hesitate to use the XSI for a wedding, it's not always about the gear but the person holding the camera.</p>

<p>I'm not completely familiar with the XSi, but could it be that the AF problem is simply the fact that it is horribly slow? All cameras I have ever seen in that range are.<br>

I'm not entirely sure what the screen size has to do with anything. It doesn't really do anything. And the difference is only ½".</p>

<p>With the 30D you get:<br>

Pentaprism instead of pentamirror.<br>

better flash sync.<br>

Faster shutter.<br>

Better build.<br>

Larger ISO range.</p>

<p>Megapixels really don't mean that much. Most wedding photos are printed in album sizes and for that, either camera has more that enough. </p>

• 2 weeks later...