7D,is LCD signal more durable than that of LED in viewfind?

lake_0571

<p>I used 40D formerly and recently I bought 7D,but to my disappoint,the focusing-signal in viewfind turned out to be LCD's instead of LED.this made me uncertain if the focusing-point is in object in my snap shot.Then why this change?the LCD's more durable than LED?</p>

<p>I find the 7D AF points much easier to see than both my old 50D and current 5D2. Realize you can customize the display a certain amount. The default is red blink in low light and gray in bright light. However if you desire you can set it to flash brilliant red in any light or disable all together.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>One of the reasons I opted for the 7D was the LCD viewfinder display. I also preferred that the 7D maintains the indication of the selected AF point(s) while shooting. All the other (lesser) EOS cameras I tested blinked the red AF box(es) it selected, then they disappeared, even while holding the shutter button at halfway.</p>

<p>In the menu, Custom Function (C.Fn) III-8 you can select between:<br>

0: auto viewfinder illumination, where the AF points, grid, & AF zones appear in red only under low light,<br>

1: AF points, grid, & AF zones appear in red all the time<br>

2: no red VF illumination.</p>

• 1 month later...