Zorki 4 vs Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa vs Voigtlander Vito CLR

farceur_coince

<p>Hi there,</p>

<p>I'm picking out of these three for my first rangefinder, and have these as an option.</p>

<p>The Zorki-4 comes with the Industar 22 lens, and not the Jupiter (which I've read is better). So in that aspect, I'm not sure.</p>

<p>The Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa comes with a Colour-Skopar 50mm f/2.8 lens; I'm not sure about this one.</p>

<p>The Voitlander Vito CLR - unsure about lens.</p>

<p>Price doesn't matter. They should all be in fairly good condition.</p>

<p>Thanks for your help. :)</p>

<p>Zorki body is very crude - OK if it works, shutter fragile and not cost-effective to get fixed if broken.<br>

Both Voigtlanders have match-needle metering and a coupled rangefinder - they are just about equal in performance if in good condition. It will be 50:50 if the meter works, also 50:50 that the camera will need a service to cure a sticky shutter if it has been unused for some time. Big thing is to look through lens at light source with shutter open and check for mold (looks like ice crystals) - repair in this case not cost-effective. All other things being equal, Color-Skopar lens is preferable to Lanthar, but it's condition that counts! Once serviced, Voigtlanders are very reliable and durable.</p>

<p>The Zorki vs Voigtlander is an apples and oranges thing. Soviet vs German, focal plane vs leaf shutter, leica screw mount vs fixed lens, no meter vs selenium. The Vitomatic IIa is one of the nicest RFs Voigtlander ever made while the Vito CLR was a symptom of barbarians at the gate. Also, that Color Skopar 2.8 is a smoking lens. If the Zorki was an older engraved one, that's also tempting. The I22 lens is one that has a cult following and might not be a good first choice. It's rather lo-fi by modern standards and mainly appreciated for it's character.</p>

<p>As Matthew said, your choice is apples vs oranges.<br>

Within the 2 Vito, it's clear that the best is the Vitomatic IIa, a beautifull RF! The CLR is one of the Voigtlander from the 60's with lower build quality and shutter release on the front of the camera... looks nice but far less nice to use.</p>